Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:29 AM

Cordon Bleu Pumpkin Pie!

For anyone who thought 'Pumpkin Pie' was bland - here is a version I learned at 'Chef School' light years ago!

CORDON BLEU PUMPKIN PIE.

Ingredients
8 oz short crust pastry

Filling =
½ lb – mashed, cooked pumpkin.
4oz – soft brown sugar
1x tablespoon – thick honey
1 x teaspoon ground cinnamon
Grated rind and juice of one lemon
Grated rind and juice of one orange2 – eggs – well beaten
1 x shot glass of brandy.

Topping =
¼ pint – double cream
1 x teaspoon – caster sugar
¼ teaspoon – grated nutmeg
2oz – flaked almonds – toasted.

Method -Pre heat oven – Gas 375f or Electric Mark 5
Line a pie dish with the pastry.
To prepare the filling – combine the sugar, honey, fruit juice and brandy together. Add the beaten eggs and the grated fruit rinds. Then stir in the pumpkin.

Pour the mixture into the pastry case and bake in re-heated oven for 45 – 55 mins – or until a knife inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool. Place on serving plate.

To prepare the topping – whip the cream, sweeten it with the sugar, and add the nutmeg. Just before serving – cover the pie and sprinkle with the toasted flaked almonds.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:50 AM

Re: Cordon Bleu Pumpkin Pie!

OMG !!!

Sounds delicious but I started my diet yesterday....I made a pact with myself not to look at cookery threads but somehow I stumbled in here....really does sound good.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2018, 08:51 AM

Re: Cordon Bleu Pumpkin Pie!

Sorry ST i will pass, heart attack food not what a diabetic needs.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top