Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Tiled bathroom.

I'm soon to have a new bathroom & I'm thinking of having it tiled all over to save any future decorating.

At the moment it's tiled half way with wall paper on the top half.

I can't decide if it would look too clinical if it was tiled all over.

Any thoughts/ideas?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 12:47 PM

Re: Tiled bathroom.

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm soon to have a new bathroom & I'm thinking of having it tiled all over to save any future decorating.

At the moment it's tiled half way with wall paper on the top half.

I can't decide if it would look too clinical if it was tiled all over.

Any thoughts/ideas?
Definitely tiled all over Carol
I had mine done in June
It's so practical and not clinical
I went for a feature wall in a different shade
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 12:59 PM

Mine is also fully tiled, not clinical at at all, just needs a wipe over every so often and comes up looking like new.
smile
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Top to bottom tiled even the floor, not clinical looks rather cute and very easily maintained.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 02:27 PM

We have three walls floor to ceiling tiles with the other wall tiled halfway up and then wallpaper to the top. The upper half of that wall is adorned with picture mirrors. We reckon this looks OK.

The tiles are put on diagonally rather than being straight. This is just something herself fancied having and I wasn't bothered. The room has been converted to a wet room and I suppose the tiles being mounted that way does make it a bit less clinical-looking.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 02:31 PM

Tiled all over. I like it but rather cold in the winter. Had to take up the rug as madam weed all over it and have to buy new.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 02:43 PM

I can't really imagine tiles all the way to the ceiling, we've got white tiles all the way round - brick wall type stagger - from floor to just above the door frame. There's another couple of foot of wall and the ceiling painted white.

*Dulux Easycare Bathroom paint is an exceptionally tough moisture and steam resistant paint, that keeps your room looking great for longer.*

It looks fab, and the best thing is the massive towel rail [about 7ft high] that replaces the old radiator.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 03:08 PM

I can’t imagine a bathroom tiled all over 4 walls unless it’s exceptionally small.
Not for me anyway and my bathroom faces North ,not a warm one,so I have one and a bit wall tiled bath rim to ceiling .
The others are thick embossed paper painted .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 04:19 PM

I wish I could afford to have my bathroom redone, I really like those floor to ceiling large tiles, like this:

http://www.rsbathroomdesign.co.uk/showroom/
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 04:42 PM

Taken in our auto switch led mirror!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	0_20180828_163527.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	6963  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top