Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 05:25 PM

Re: Open Heart Surgery.

Wow! Pauline,I'm so glad the Op' was a success and You're such a brave Lass...onwards and upwards indeed
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
A mended heart is a special heart Pauline.

My best wishes for you

Thank you,solo.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Wow! Pauline,I'm so glad the Op' was a success and You're such a brave Lass...onwards and upwards indeed

Thank you,May,
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:35 PM

How did they do the op Pauline and do you feel any benefit now? I have had "benign" mitral regurgitation all my life and it's never stopped me from doing much other than marathons, but as I understand it can get worse as you age and the heart can get worn out. Are you feeling better than before?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:39 PM

Hey Pauline, so happy to know you are ok, I too didn't realise you were having such a serious op, it's wonderful to know you came through it and so positively too. You seem very positive and upbeat which is a fabulous attitude and aids recovery well, you are proof of that.

You must be so relieved.

Big hugs from me also xxx
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-09-2018, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
How did they do the op Pauline and do you feel any benefit now? I have had "benign" mitral regurgitation all my life and it's never stopped me from doing much other than marathons, but as I understand it can get worse as you age and the heart can get worn out. Are you feeling better than before?

High Annie,they had to break and part the breastbone,then Mr De-Souzer the surgeon did the repair,which was successful,I had drains,plus a pacemaker,after operation ,I went into atrial fibrillation,I feel no benefit at all,just exhausted,and can do very little,but I know I am healing,it can take up to a year to fully benefit,..I am going to cardiac rehabilitation ,beginning of October,follow up with Mr De-Souzer in 6weeks,I need a wheel
chair,if I go out,..what is benign regurgitation?,I have never heard of it,..one thing I can honestly say is,..I had no pain after operation,just feeling very uncomfortable,which is passing each day,I'm so glad I had it done,while still relatively young and fit,it helps a great deal,when under going a major operation.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-09-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hey Pauline, so happy to know you are ok, I too didn't realise you were having such a serious op, it's wonderful to know you came through it and so positively too. You seem very positive and upbeat which is a fabulous attitude and aids recovery well, you are proof of that.

You must be so relieved.

Big hugs from me also xxx

Thanks LQ,I have my moments,I was so active before,exercising 5times a week,..so as you can imagine,I am crawling up the wall,..but yes,I am very positive,.just glad it's all over and that the repair was a success ,..I saw the repaired valve on the scan,..it looked like a big elastic band round the valve,....I must ask my surgeon,how he repaired it,he did tell me,but I was high on morphine,and forgot,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-09-2018, 07:44 AM

Annie,I am amazed how quickly my scar is healing!.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	7118  
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Annie,I am amazed how quickly my scar is healing!.

Pauline darlin' - they used a zipper !!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

04-09-2018, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Pauline darlin' - they used a zipper !!!

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top