Join for free
rich5298
New Member!
United States
rich5298 is male 

15-12-2018, 06:43 PM

denture issue

I just got my permanent new dentures. I am surprised that the top ones move side to side. I really dislike using the glue and powders. Is this common or so I really have an issue? I would really appreciate hearing from someone that has or had this issue. I thought dentures that move happens years down the line but not when they are new!
Thank you
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire, England
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:48 PM

Re: denture issue

Hi Rich my teeth are my own thank goodness.
I would go back to the dentist and have your dentures adjusted.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by rich5298 ->
I just got my permanent new dentures. I am surprised that the top ones move side to side. I really dislike using the glue and powders. Is this common or so I really have an issue? I would really appreciate hearing from someone that has or had this issue. I thought dentures that move happens years down the line but not when they are new!
Thank you
They should certainly not move side to side or in any other unintended direction.

They are, of course, allowed to move up and down when you chew.

I'd go back to the dentist who, incidentally, should have checked the fit!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 07:01 PM

Rich my husband a denture wearer says yours don't fit properly. They need refitting. He found dentists pretty useless for dentures and goes to a denture makers laboratory to get his fitted and made. They make a much better quality one cheaper too.

If you do use glue only use a tiny bit in tiny blobs don't use too much. Also try to get a none flavoured one or you taste mint all day.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 09:23 PM

For any kind of dental treatment, check the General Dental Website and find some with the speciality you're looking for. Too many non qualified dentists professing they can provide a cure-all.
www.gdc.org.uk
Longdogs
Chatterbox
England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2018, 09:26 PM

I don't have falsies (yet) but moving side to side can't be a good look... except for camels.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top