Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:04 PM

Re: Price of a wall?

Originally Posted by summer ->

Did you get your quote Carol ?

I posted the job on 'My Builder' but so far only one has replied - he's coming on Friday.

Another chap did contact me- he said the materials would be £750 then there was the labour and extra for the footings etc... I rejected him as he was obviously trying it on.

Thank goodness Barry & the other men on here advised me on what was a fair price.

I'm thinking now I might have a fence!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:11 PM

I got a bit mixed up in the thread above.
This is a C&P from the man I rejected.

Hi Carol, by the rough calculation you have supplied the labour cost for brickwork alone will be £450, if the footings are not in or meeting regs and need to be dug and poured it will cost £750 excluding materials. To work out cost with materials could you please send photos as well as a picture of the face work to get a correct match.
Many thanks Dan
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I got a bit mixed up in the thread above.
This is a C&P from the man I rejected.

Hi Carol, by the rough calculation you have supplied the labour cost for brickwork alone will be £450, if the footings are not in or meeting regs and need to be dug and poured it will cost £750 excluding materials. To work out cost with materials could you please send photos as well as a picture of the face work to get a correct match.
Many thanks Dan
He's taking the mick alright Carol, even a slow bricklayer can lay 300 bricks in half a day, so not a bad labour rate...
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Have a Picket Fence Carol... I love Picket fences and they're not expensive.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

03-10-2018, 01:49 PM

The latest on this.

2 men have been and neither have got back to me. I don't think they want the job.

No rush - I may advertise again only this time for a fencer. A fence will be a lot cheaper!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top