Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 09:00 AM

Re: I am Addicted and I Don't Care

I know just what you mean SM...and it's therapeutic too once I get going I can't stop as you say it's addictive
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I know. One of the reasons I bought my own was because we hired a crew that loosed up the pebbles in the driveway and did some wood damage.

Now I just have myself to blame.
I hope you realise that 'Sink Holes' have only appeared in Florida since the distribution of Pressure Washers Surfermom.....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 10:14 AM

Ah the joys of pressure washing. Very addictive indeed.

You can spend minutes just blasting an individual patio slab and hours doing the whole thing.

Decking comes up a treat too, takes out any moss type growth and lifts the treated surface off so it's ready for a new coat of preservative or varnish.

House doors, garage doors, windows, window sills, sheds, terracotta plant pots, wooden plant pots, dirty old boots and wellies, garden fencing.

Then of course you can pressure wash the inside and outside of all your wheelie bins !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:16 AM

Luckily I have a water meter which stops me buying one, otherwise I'd take out nextdoor's windchimes and the dog at the back that barks too much might get a surprise
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Luckily I have a water meter which stops me buying one, otherwise I'd take out nextdoor's windchimes and the dog at the back that barks too much might get a surprise
So you have found a use for a 'Pressure Washer' other than strutting around like Wyatt Earp TessA.....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Tessa, you don’t need to connect a hosepipe, you can buy hose fitted with a non return valve, this enables you to use your pressure washer from a bucket, I have a large plastic trug type bucket that I fill with rainwater to wash my car, I hardly ever use the hosepipe now..
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 07:01 PM

My neighbour has one
He did his drive with it
It was mesmerising to watch!

Looks like c*** again now mind... but it was nice to see his gleaming drive for a while
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 08:48 PM

Chatting to sis on the phone just now and I asked about theirs. She said they are on a meter, it takes a lot of water and makes the arms ache! Good idea using a bucket.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Tessa, you don’t need to connect a hosepipe, you can buy hose fitted with a non return valve, this enables you to use your pressure washer from a bucket, I have a large plastic trug type bucket that I fill with rainwater to wash my car, I hardly ever use the hosepipe now..
Wow this sounds wonderful but very technical. Can you post a photo of the valve that's needed?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Chatting to sis on the phone just now and I asked about theirs. She said they are on a meter, it takes a lot of water and makes the arms ache! Good idea using a bucket.
It is a good workout but the vibrations aren't necessarily good for the joints. You have to be careful on sheds and fences. but it's great on the patio.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top