Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:20 PM

Re: The Great British checkout operator!

The ones I dread are those who appear to have little shopping, and so I join their checkout only to find that they take out a pile of those dreaded vouchers from their purses.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The ones I dread are those who appear to have little shopping, and so I join their checkout only to find that they take out a pile of those dreaded vouchers from their purses.
And then the coins, one at a time.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 04:29 PM

lol JBR Im always trying to pick the shortest queue and ending up being in the slowest cos some one in front either has a whole wadge of money off vouchers or failing that theyve got an item that doesnt have a bar code on and so someone has to physically go searching for one..
My niece has just been learning the ropes for being a checkout cashier at Morrisons and she loves it
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Why does it take sooooooooooo long for some people to get though a self checkout till? they don't seem to realise that every time you move an item around on the scales, it sees it as an unexpected item. There was a woman this morning with a full trolley load. Surely that's not the idea?
So there you go. Not really progress is it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Why does it take sooooooooooo long for some people to get though a self checkout till? they don't seem to realise that every time you move an item around on the scales, it sees it as an unexpected item. There was a woman this morning with a full trolley load. Surely that's not the idea?
Originally Posted by Floydy ->
So there you go. Not really progress is it?
And certainly no use at all if you have a trolley full of things. There isn't room for them all on the tray.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 08:09 PM

And certainly no use at all if you have a trolley full of things. There isn't room for them all on the tray.
That's right. The "10 items or less" police will be called in for sure next time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-08-2016, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That's right. The "10 items or less" police will be called in for sure next time.
I confess that I have never noticed a sign to that effect! Is it true that you are limited to ten items in the self-service section?
Actually, I suppose you could pile on as many items as you can manage, pay, put them in your bags, then start over again!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

28-08-2016, 10:54 PM

I confess that I have never noticed a sign to that effect! Is it true that you are limited to ten items in the self-service section?
Actually, I suppose you could pile on as many items as you can manage, pay, put them in your bags, then start over again!
You're right, that's the basket tills! Got mixed up there sorry. It's hanging around on this forum too long that does it!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2016, 11:00 PM

The self checkout in Sainsbury's states baskets only.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2016, 06:48 AM

I much prefer check outs with staff - you can have a chat and a smile - can't do that with the zombie like argumentative do it yourself versions !

Well done check out operators everywhere !!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top