Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 06:47 AM

Happy Saturday Folk.

Taken at Schliersee in Bavaria.
Sheila had her purse stolen while up in town yesterday. She retraced her steps just to see if it had been lost in one of the shops she had been in. Then she went to the bank to cancel her card and where they went into her account to get her some money and from where she phoned me to tell me what had happened. Then she went to the police station to report it. She then did a bit more shopping and came home. In the meantime I had contacted a locksmith to get the front door lock changed and the insurance company but no luck there (surprise, surprise) as the excess was £350 and I knew she wouldn't have lost that much. She hadn't been back home 5 minutes when the phone rang and it was a shopkeeper, a shop where Sheila had not visited, saying that her purse had been found in her shop. She had got our phone number from a piece of paper Sheila keeps with her name, address and phone number on it. We went up town to get it and she found everything still there except for the money, some £85.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 08:49 AM

Re: Happy Saturday Folk.

Good Morning, that must have been a relief Alan, with all the stuff we carry containing information, losing a purse or wallet is not as simple as when only cash was carried, and the hassle of sorting it out does not bear thinking about.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 09:16 AM

Good morning everyone,

Alan, it was good that Sheila got her purse back, she is lucky they didn't take her cards.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe, dry and warm and above all well. God bless.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 09:21 AM

The policewoman Sheila spoke to said that most of the time the thief just takes the cash as there is no comeback with that unless they have been seen on CCTV somewhere. We are grateful it was left in a shop rather than a litter bin where she would never have seen it again.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 09:31 AM

What a horrible day for you yesterday Alan
Good morning all
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 09:43 AM

Good Morning All.

Sorry to hear about Sheila's misfortune Alan. Can I also add a timely reminder not to leave anything on view in your car when you go out shopping ie presents that you have bought. They are a magnet for thieves at this time of year.

Have a good weekend everyone.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 09:45 AM

Good morning everyone. Shame about the purse Alan.
I would spread the things around. I put my house keys
and bus pass in my coat pocket not my handbag and
also some change just in case my whole handbag goes.
Then I put notes in a zip on my handbag, and some in
the purse so there is never a lot in the purse except for
my cards and vouchers for Tescos.
Hope everyone has a nice day. I am off to my bingo clubs
Christmas party today. Turkey dinner, pudding, drink, selection
box and all my tickets for £15. Bargain. As the tickets generally
cost £15 on a Saturday.
Take care everyone and have a good day.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 10:14 AM

Happy Saturday from me too

So sorry about Sheila's purse Alan .... such an awful feeling when it happens
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 10:22 AM

Good morning everybody. Nice & bright here at the moment. Housework for me today and out for a carvery with family tonight.
Sorry to hear of Sheila's experience Alan. So glad she got the purse back even if it was minus the money..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 10:46 AM

Good morning fellow members a lovely bright morning and I am taking advantage of it by doing lots of washing.

The bread is rising (I hope ) so olive bread and soup for lunch .

Enjoy your day everyone

Alan that must have been really upsetting for Sheila I hope she is ok now....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top