Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 08:25 PM

Re: Bed Socks

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Couldn't possibly wear socks. I get too warm and have to uncover every so often until I cool off then cover myself again to warm up............but then I never sleep well. No heat on in the bedroom only what filters in from the rest of the flat.
Tell me about it Moyra. Heat overload
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pappy ->
Second thoughts it might not be such a good idea. I have got rather large feet.
I like guys with big feet if the rumour is true

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
You are a tinker, to be sure .
I'm sure I don't know what you mean
Pappy
Scotland UK
Pappy is male  Pappy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 08:43 PM

Sorry Honey, I'm a size 12 in shoes. That means I'm a size 1 elsewhere
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 08:45 PM

clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 10:48 PM

I canīt bear having cold feet, in what passes for winter here itīs cotton socks with jeans or leggings in the daytime and electric blanket to make sure the bed is warm before I get in it at night. I donīt think I could sleep wearing socks though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 10:48 PM

Info from Age UK:

"You're at risk of a heart attack, a stroke or even hypothermia if you're exposed to a cold environment for a long time, or to extreme cold for only a short time.
Keep your bedroom windows closed at night when the weather is cold. Low temperatures raise blood pressure which takes longer to return to normal in older people. This puts you at greater risk of a heart attack or stroke.
Make sure you keep your hands and face warm. If they get cold they can trigger a rise in blood pressure.
Wear warm clothes in bed. When very cold, wear thermal underwear, bed socks and even a hat - a lot of heat is lost through your head.
Keep your feet warm. Cold hands, face and feet can trigger a potentially dangerous rise in blood pressure."

Me? I have got no electric blanket, so I wouldn't be without my bed socks in winter for anybody!
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 11:05 PM

Bed socks? Finest investion since sliced bread - come to think of it they were probably invented before sliced bread. My bedroom is like a fridge - no heating upstairs, but I have the electric blanket on until I hop in - as long as I'm thoroughly warm I can go to sleep without any bother.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

13-12-2014, 11:11 PM

me too though I do suffer from a permanently cold toe which is strange, I doubt it's to do with circulation as the rest of 'em are fine
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2014, 11:30 PM

You mean just one toe is cold Honey? Perhaps it should have a mini hot water bottle of its own...................
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

13-12-2014, 11:32 PM

yep just one, perhaps I should heat up a rubber thimble and pop it on top

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top