Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2014, 07:38 PM

Re: Being nosey .....

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->

I don't gossip, got no voice. perhaps that is why people confide in me. You would not believe the things I have heard ('er down there , well, 'er 'n all 'er money .... tut tut ... but my lips are sealed)
Seriously, I firmly believe if people don't think you're a gossip, then they'll completely open up to you. It's actually about showing a genuine interest in people, for yourself. I've said before, I've heard people talking and "wondering" about folk. Truth be told, I don't need to "wonder". I already know because they've told me. And I won't repeat a thing.
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2014, 08:15 AM

Re: Being nosey .....

Yes Alice there are some very unhappy people around, not just women but men too will pour their problems into a sympathetic ear. Once they have poured out their problems they are able to continue with life until next time it becomes too much again.

A friend knew about me being an unofficial agony aunt and offered me a job with the Samaritans but I turned it down as being too harrowing. I think that the Samaritans is a very worthy organisation and that the people on the telephones must be a very special breed. I believe that they are especially busy at this time of year. Good luck to them.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top