Join for free
Page 12 of 34 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 05:17 PM

Re: Ragdoll cats and kittens

Yes that could be true, being that Coco is a Housecat and she is in the warm all the time and their sweat glands are on their pads.

Patsy Billy never knew Coco, he died 2 years before we bought Coco, he got run over and was laying in our neighbours front garden, who phoned me, I went to his house and picked Billy up, who was looking up at me when he went into a coma and by the time I got him to the Vets he died in my arms.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes that could be true, being that Coco is a Housecat and she is in the warm all the time and their sweat glands are on their pads.

Patsy Billy never knew Coco, he died 2 years before we bought Coco, he got run over and was laying in our neighbours front garden, who phoned me, I went to his house and picked Billy up, who was looking up at me when he went into a coma and by the time I got him to the Vets he died in my arms.
So sorry - how awful for you
You wont have that worry now x
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 05:33 PM

Billy wasn't any ordinary cat. When we bought him, he was just 7 weeks old, we bought him from a Pet Shop, the Shop owners did not tell us that he was a Feral Wild Cat and someone had found these kittens in the Forest and brought them into the shop. Everything was fine, he was like any other kitten, full of fun, but quite rough play, then by the time he reach 5 months, he had an spiteful streak about him and he would chase me up the garden and tear my legs to shreds, gradually as he got older he got worse and he would attack everyone, even us, we could not even stroke him, but still we loved him and would not give up on him. He was banned from all the Catteries, because one Man ended up in Hospital with his arm in plaster, so we did not go on holiday for 10 years, the yearly jab, the Vets had to put heavy duty gloves on. Then the Vet decided to put him on Valium for a year, which still didn't work, Parents and Friends never came round anymore, they were all to scared of the Cat. And it broke my heart when he got run over and I carried him in my arms for the first time since 5 mths old, but at least he knew I was there, holding him. He ashes are here with us in our bedroom.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2015, 05:40 PM

You are a special lady Susie - shame for Billy to be like that but he had you to care for him and you never gave up on him - now you have Coco, the complete opposite, who will love your cuddles
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

05-04-2015, 09:18 AM

I thought I would have you in tears with my story Patsy. When Billy died I cried for 6 weeks, and I wasn't going to get another pet, but my hubby kept saying, I miss Billy laying in his Chair, the Chair is now empty, so I said to him, if we get another Cat then its going to have to be a House cat.

There is definitely nothing wrong with Coco, she is galloping around this morning like a complete nutter, she ran up the stairs behind me like a Rocket, overtaking me on the stair case.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2015, 09:47 AM

Ah that's cheered me Susie
Thank goodness you have Coco
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

05-04-2015, 05:41 PM

http://www.over50sforum.com/picture....pictureid=2516

Coco the Alien from the Bannister.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

05-04-2015, 06:27 PM

Always ready for a photograph eh ...........?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2015, 10:13 AM

Susie - I watched a film last night called 'Homeward Bound'
It was about 2 dogs and a cat trying to get back home, great film - anyway, a relative of your Coco was 'the cat' !
Same markings as Coco and it was a ragdoll cat, she was a brilliant actress too !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2015, 07:02 PM

Not very good pictures - but will give you an idea ......

Page 12 of 34 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top