Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:11 PM

Out or In for Christmas

Do you go out for your christmas day meal or do you prefer to stay at home and have it?

Id love to go out once and have it, but its so expensive per head...maybe one year I will try christmas lunch out at a restaraunt but for now I shall be having mine at home with my sons
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:15 PM

Re: Out or In for Christmas

Definitely home made for me
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:21 PM

We have done both in the past, as we live in a seaside town we do have a wonderful choice of hotel restaurants which allow non residents to dine there.

This years its hubby and I having the family to our place for dinner.

Boxing day we are eating out
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:25 PM

Prefer to be at home xmas day but, have had xmas dinner out but can't beat being at home cheaper as well.🎅🎄
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:27 PM

The whole of the Christmas season will be spent at home for us, from Christmas Eve until the day after Boxing Day eating, drinking, watching TV, reading and being grateful for our very lucky existence.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Prefer to be at home xmas day but, have had xmas dinner out but can't beat being at home cheaper as well.🎅🎄
you'r not kidding Doc our local is charging £65 for a 3 course meal and a bottle of wine anyway I'd prefer to be at home for my Christmas dinner.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:45 PM

If hoping for a `home from home` Christmas. My girlfriend has never cooked a turkey before so it could be interesting. Not my kitchen so not for me to interfere but I plan to be around to offer advice and help. I will however take,home grown sprouts,home grown parsnips ,my christmas pudding and a couple of sharp knives.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
If hoping for a `home from home` Christmas. My girlfriend has never cooked a turkey before so it could be interesting. Not my kitchen so not for me to interfere but I plan to be around to offer advice and help. I will however take,home grown sprouts,home grown parsnips ,my christmas pudding and a couple of sharp knives.
My tip for cooking the turkey is put a good amount of water in the roasting tin then cook it 'til you think it is done.....and then give it another half hour !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:50 PM

Traditionally, I always have my family here for Christmas Day. There are 14+ of us and I always cook the meal. This year, I have been invited out to go to a restaurant for dinner on Christmas Day. It sounds tempting but I wouldn't even consider it! My children and grandchildren are the most important thing to me on Christmas Day!
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

27-11-2015, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Traditionally, I always have my family here for Christmas Day. There are 14+ of us and I always cook the meal. This year, I have been invited out to go to a restaurant for dinner on Christmas Day. It sounds tempting but I wouldn't even consider it! My children and grandchildren are the most important thing to me on Christmas Day!
Ooohhhhh....sounds like you have a boyfriend Art

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top