Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:28 AM

Re: Where were you..?

Cannot honestly remember where I was when the moon landings happened, but remember clearly being with my friends in a booth in our favourite coffee bar when news came through that President Kennedy had been shot and was confirmed dead. I know being a teenager it didn't have as much effect on us as our elders, but we were still all shocked at the news. To us youngsters, Mr. Kennedy just seemed a good looking, charismatic, really nice President of America, from a lovely Irish family with brothers and sisters, parents, a beautiful wife and lovely children. It was really sad.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 11:32 AM

I remember the Queen's Coronation, I was three at the time. My mother was in the maternity hospital having given birth to the first of my three sisters. Her mother was looking after me. That evening I was awoken and my father and grandmother took me to the harbour where a special celebration was taking place to commemorate the coronation. There was so much colour it was lovely. My most exciting memory was of a chap diving in a pond of water, which had been set alight, WOW!
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
You're not funny, Gravitas. It doesn't suit you.
Answer the question in a respectable fashion, gloomy drawers.
Lighten up you miserable old git!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 03:27 PM

I recall it was the punchline to a joke that ended "Where you when the **** hit the ceiling fan then?"
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Ear you!

'Ees not old!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 06:59 PM

When the twin towers were destroyed I was at work, and everyone stopped what they were doing and just gawped at their computer screens. Not much work was done that day (no changes there then).
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
not at the time but father did as he fought in the first ww.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Can you remember where you were and what you were doing, when historic or tragic events happened, ?
For example, can you remember the first moon landing...where you were and what you were doing..?
I was 9, and I thought I remembered Niel Armstrong setting foot on the moon, but I think this happened in the early hours so I would have been in bed
I remember seeing the headline in a blokes newspaper about elvis being found dead, as I rode to work on the top deck of a bus.
Where were you when history was unfolding...?
I was 9 years old when Armstrong landed on the moon and so remember where I was when it happened. I remember Elvis dying . Princess Diana and even 911 day where the world was attacked including the twin towers. My husband and I were trying to move a mulberry tree. It put a fiat in our wheelbarrow and we started squabbling. Once we saw the television we instantly stopped. It’s now our 911 tree.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2019, 09:07 PM

I was at my brother house wheb the phone rang for me.
It was my son upset he said Mum turn the TV on .
We did just in time to see the second plane go into the twin towers.

I was overseas when Diana was killed my friend rang me up.
I turned on the TV she was reported injured then the news announcer was handed a piece of paper that said she had died.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top