Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 04:27 PM

Re: Sunglasses

I have prescription sunglasses that look cool but I bought them mainly because I need them since I walk a lot both in summer and winter. In winter the snow is very bright so reflects the sun. They were expensive but our insurance pays for part of it. So far I haven’t lost any and each 2 years they are replaced since that’s part of our insurance plan.
My eyes are sensitive to the sun and I really like them.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I have the same pair of Ray Ban sunglasses that I found in a bag of sand over ten years ago. I've tried to lose them over the years but they always turn up. No, not in another bag of sand.
What a throwaway line!

Come on...spill the beans....... what bag of sand? How did you find sunglasses in a bag of sand?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 05:07 PM

I had to give up "normal" (including prescription) sunglasses when my aging eyesight required bifocals but then I realised that the bifocals were better for driving (I could see the both the instrument panel and the road ahead quite clearly without moving my head) so I bought several pairs of overglasses, in various colours, which can also be worn on their own (if visual clarity is not required ..... ) .....

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Squid as in quid, a slang term for the British currency in pounds sterling.
Haha, got it, just kidding around.

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Now we are talking.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 05:47 PM

Worn as advised by medical staff if sunny
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 05:49 PM

Don't the cops in the USA wear Ray Bans so they can't be recognised if they pull you up for driving
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I had to give up "normal" (including prescription) sunglasses when my aging eyesight required bifocals but then I realised that the bifocals were better for driving (I could see the both the instrument panel and the road ahead quite clearly without moving my head) so I bought several pairs of overglasses, in various colours, which can also be worn on their own (if visual clarity is not required ..... ) .....

I like them.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 06:48 PM

I think I am going to have to find some overglasses Omah. I bought a pair of prescription varifocal reactolite specs (cost me a fortune) but I don't like them. The reactolite seems to go too dark and stays dark too long. I've tried two pairs now and still don't seem to get on with them. Can't wear ordinary sunglasses as I am shortsighted and I need good specs for driving.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 07:06 PM

Lots of colours:

DUCO Men's and Women's Polarised Wrap Around Fit-Over Sunglasses over Prescription Glasses 8953

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DUCO-Polari...WG320P3XN&th=1

Look as cool as you like .....
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2019, 08:15 PM

Thanks Omah - I really like the tortoishell ones£19 won't break the bank either.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top