Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 01:24 PM

Re: Sunglasses

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Do you wear them?

Have a pair with prescriptions? Or readers?

Spend a lot or a little?

Buy them to look cool or take a fashion risk?

Wear them to spy on your fellow man?

Lose them often?

I need a new pair.
I have often thought about getting a prescription pair but don't, my ordinary glasses go much darker in the sunlight but can still be worn for driving at night. They do me.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Xandra ->
I was told by the optician to always wear sunglasses in sunny weather as they prevent cataracts, or if you already have cataracts they will stop them getting worse.

My optician told me the same Xandra. I have cataracts (not too bad at the moment) and I bought the prescription reactolite specs., but I don't really like them. I am going to try the over the specs sunglasses as Omah suggests and hope they will do the trick.

Thanks again to Omah.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Taking suggestions :

The Florida sun reflecting of very white sand makes it necessary to wear sunglasses here nearly all the time. In fact there are three stores within a five minuted drive that sell sunglasses exclusively.

People here tend to buy good sunglasses, and while insurance covers one pair of glasses, sunglasses, or contacts per annual visit, many spend a sometimes crazy amount of money on them. Brands and status symbols and all . I suppose we buy them like you all buy rain gear .

I have a sports pair with interchangeable lenses for running and cycling (but would look goofy in town), an inexpensive pair with reader lenses, and then one good pair for driving, dining al fresco, etc.

Finally off to run around Europe in a few weeks, I am thinking that I should buy a new pair for traveling that I won't worry about, and have a little fun with the design. Thinking about something like this:

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 03:19 PM

Taking suggestions :

The Florida sun reflecting of very white sand makes it necessary to wear sunglasses here nearly all the time. In fact there are three stores within a five minuted drive that sell sunglasses exclusively.

People here tend to buy good sunglasses, and while insurance covers one pair of glasses, sunglasses, or contacts per annual visit, many spend a sometimes crazy amount of money on them. Brands and status symbols and all . I suppose we buy them like you all buy rain gear .

I have a sports pair with interchangeable lenses for running and cycling (but would look goofy in town), an inexpensive pair with reader lenses, and then one good pair for driving, dining al fresco, etc.

Finally off to run around Europe in a few weeks, I am thinking that I should buy a new pair for traveling that I won't worry about, and have a little fun with the design. Thinking about something like this:

Very nice, but they do remind me of this advert, Surfermom.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Feminine and elegant, like Hepburn or Loren, very European .....

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Good to get a man's opinion, Omah. I'll put them on the list! .

Hahaha!, Floydy, fair posting photos of me without my permission . They have those exact pair.

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 03:46 PM

Good to get a man's opinion, Omah. I'll put them on the list! .

what does having a salvage title mean
Only get those if you want to look "arty" and draw attention to yourself .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

05-06-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Only get those if you want to look "arty" and draw attention to yourself .....
Ummmm..... nope. I think the pink ones are better...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I have a pair of those clip-on sunglasses that can be tilted up or down. I think I bought them in Portugal some years ago, and they are still working properly and are very effective.

OK, when they are tilted up I look a bit of a prat, but do I care?
Originally Posted by Omah ->
I'm guessing that you don't care .....
Not these days, no. I wouldn't say I'm past caring, but at my age practicalities stand more important than appearances.

I still look damned handsome, though.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

05-06-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not these days, no. I wouldn't say I'm past caring, but at my age practicalities stand more important than appearances.

I still look damned handsome, though.
I wish I did .....

I have to wear a disguise when I go out:

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top