Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 03:58 PM

Re: US Space Force mocked for unveiling camouflage uniforms

Originally Posted by Omah ->
That's because this is the "Science and Environment" sub-forum .....
Please point me to where on this forum I find this news?
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:23 PM

Trump did this. We are looking for the rationale explanation for design of the suit. Key word here is rationale. Not in Trump's vocabulary.

Please don't let it reflect (no pun intended) poorly on the US as a whole.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Please point me to where on this forum I find this news?
Try:

Sub-Forums : Discussions
  1. Politics & Govt
  2. Social Issues & Religion
  3. Other Debates/Discussions

If you can't find it there then perhaps you should start a thread in one of those sections .....
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
That's because this is the "Science and Environment" sub-forum .....
Where is the science in this subject? Or the environment?
My point was that this kind of item pops up in the media, the moment government (in this case the american) has something to camouflage
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:11 PM

They originally were all going to wear red shirts, but ..who would want to beam down to a planet wearing a red shirt..!,,,
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:55 PM

Joking apart, which of you think that the USAF Space Force operates in space?

No, of course not. They operate satellite surveillance and communications, etc. They have both feet firmly on the ground.

Assuming they are in a war zone (like all other ground forces) perhaps some form of camouflage might be of benefit if and when they should be attacked.

Flash Gordon outfits might not be such a good idea after all!

Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

19-01-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
They originally were all going to wear red shirts, but ..who would want to beam down to a planet wearing a red shirt..!,,,
Great camouflage on mars though!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Joking apart, which of you think that the USAF Space Force operates in space?

No, of course not. They operate satellite surveillance and communications, etc. They have both feet firmly on the ground.

Assuming they are in a war zone (like all other ground forces) perhaps some form of camouflage might be of benefit if and when they should be attacked.

Flash Gordon outfits might not be such a good idea after all!

A good point JBR. I had not thought of that tbh.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

A good point JBR. I had not thought of that tbh.
To be honest, LD, I was joking. I had visions of the Space Force crewing the starship Enterprise!

Being realistic (although I'm not really Realistic), I think the Space Force are also responsible for the Americans' ICBMs, what few they have left. In that case they are, in fact, underground for most of the time!

In fact, to be even more realistic I seem to remember that this part of their defence forces was once called 'Space Command' and included units from the Army and Navy as well. Perhaps it's all changed now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
To be honest, LD, I was joking. I had visions of the Space Force crewing the starship Enterprise!

Being realistic (although I'm not really Realistic), I think the Space Force are also responsible for the Americans' ICBMs, what few they have left. In that case they are, in fact, underground for most of the time!
No, I think you are probably right. Why send them into space when the job can be done from a nice comfy armchair with a cup of coffee?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top