Join for free
Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 06:07 PM

Re: Silver Tabby in the hot seat.

Originally Posted by carol ->
What do you think of the Royal Family & do you have a favourite?
I am an Irish Republican, Carol, what would you expect me to think?

Seriously - I think in the main they do a good job - but, let's face it, they do not hold any power and are figureheads only.

I admire the Queen as a very hard working and remarkable woman. Would love to know what her own views are on some of this country's thornier issues!

I also admire Princess Anne - another hard worker who - unlike some - has never courted media attention - just carries on with what she does and does it well.

Your future Kings - Charles and/or William - are OK.

Wouldn't give tuppence for the rest of of them - they are just hangers on and I can well understand the views of those who would like to see them gone - at least from the tax payers budget.

On the whole - I believe having The Royal Family generates income from tourism, promotes feelings of pride, security and patriotism, and so they are a good thing for the country in general. If I had to choose a favourite it would be HRH, Anne, The Princess Royal.

I look at the likes of Trump - and say God Save the Queen !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 08:47 PM

Hi Tabs,

Do you live in the Countryside or a Town? And do you like living there? And do you see much Wildlife?

Sorry that's 3 questions.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Tabs,

Do you live in the Countryside or a Town? And do you like living there? And do you see much Wildlife?

Sorry that's 3 questions.
Hi Susie - three is OK with me.

I live in a village on the outskirts of York - it is rapidly expanding though and will not, alas, remain a village for long.

It is not only a lovely place to live - but also convenient for many things. We have a good bus service but often I walk into town if the weather is kind - it is only about 3miles.

There is a superb butchers, a good village shop/post office and a farm shop which sells seasonal fruit and veg. A mile up the road we have a 'shopping complex' which includes Sainsbury's, Asda, Aldi and various coffee shops/snack bars.

We often see Foxes, Squirrels, Badgers, Geese and Ducks about and, when they built the new M&S store, they found Great Crested Newts - held the building works up for a while until they had made them a special lake to live in!

Yes - I love living here - it is a lovely place and I am blessed with good neighbours!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:26 PM

Hi Tabs

It seems that Techno cat rules the roost and is in charge of Willow. Is that correct?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

10-09-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi Tabs

It seems that Techno cat rules the roost and is in charge of Willow. Is that correct?
Indeed!

Wouldn't dare say otherwise - he is sitting on my desk!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Indeed!

Wouldn't dare say otherwise - he is sitting on my desk!
Do you have an Office, and did you build it yourself.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

10-09-2018, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you have an Office, and did you build it yourself.
It's an office come craft room, Spitty. No - I did not build it - it came with the house disguised as a bedroom. I did fit it out though!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 04:04 AM

If you could only have one view out your window, what would it be?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2018, 06:27 AM

Another question from me

Have you ever eaten at the Alice Hawthorn in Nun Monkton ?

I ask because I have just booked a birthday meal for a friend there and it's out your way. Also do you have a favourite place to eat out your way?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

11-09-2018, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
If you could only have one view out your window, what would it be?
No doubt about it, Surfermom, it would have to be the mighty sea! Don't know it is because I was born near the sea or what - but I love the sight, the sounds, the smell, the wildness of it - in all it's glorious moods!

Page 12 of 15 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top