Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 02:26 AM

Psychic/Paranormal Experiences

Does anybody believe that this is possible? I have to, because it's happened to me on several occasions inexplicably, but before I tell of them, I'd just like to know if anyone believes it can/does happen.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 05:03 AM

Re: Psychic/Paranormal Experiences

Hi Mollie, while nothing has ever happened to me on those lines I have an open mind on the subject. There's more to this world that we live in than we understand.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 09:54 AM

No Molly , I don't believe in the paranomal .

I have had a number of experiences which some would attribute to the paranormal but I believe there was a logical scientific explanation for them all or they were down to coincidence .
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 09:55 AM

Mollie I totally believe, me and my husband have to deal with spirit presence on a daily basis. Things moving when you know where you left them.
But then we do deal with the paranormal with like minded people on the weekend.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 10:25 AM

OOh yes I'm a big believer
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 11:44 AM

I have never had a paranormal or psychic experience to make a judgement Mollie, and I don't think I am open to accepting it anyway, so I cannot believe or not believe. I am more inclined to think like Meg that most things have a logical explanation even if there is no evidence, and what we don't know is just that - we don't know. Having said that I have occasionally had a feeling of deja vu over some place or thing that has happened and I have put it down to coincidence or something very similar having happened which I have forgotten about. The need to know and put an explanation to something is often very strong and I wonder if it is because the need to know is so important that we will attach a paranormal or psychic experience to a coincidence or something that we don't understand and can't find out about. Maybe we cannot know unless we take that leap of faith and believe.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2012, 11:53 PM

Thank you everyone for your replies, and they are all very good, sensible ones. Perhaps I should not have used the word paranormal, as thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I put a thread on here about that some time ago.

I too seek logical explanations for the otherwise inexplicable, but try this first one out for size.

When I first married in 1972 I went straight out to Germany to live. For the first time in my life I had a sudden desire to draw, although my talents as an artist probably only just rivalled that of my ability to become an airline pilot.

Anyway, I decided to buy a pad and some coloured felt-tips and had a little try. Bear in mind, we lived in the middle of a pine forest, had no car, no British TV, so I had to amuse myself as I was out of contact with my family, and letters took ages to arrive.

Lo and behold, just a couple of weeks later, I received a parcel from home and in it, from my dad, was an expensive artists' sketchpad, pencils, pens and other arty paraphernalia. My dad knew I was useless at drawing as I was always bottom of the class in art, but when I saw him several months later on leave I asked him why he'd sent them. He said that he had a feeling I might want to do something like that, but didn't know why.

My new husband and I were totally gobsmacked by this, and to this day, I've never worked it out, because I never once mentioned this to him or any other member of my family.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 09:57 AM

What if your dad had been thinking about you Mollie and knew you were living in a remote place with not much to do. He might have remembered that as a child you were trying to draw and said you wished you could draw. You might not have remembered that, but his memory might have prompted him to send you the art material, so that you could have another try, but more importantly so that you would have something to occupy your time. Just a thought.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What if your dad had been thinking about you Mollie and knew you were living in a remote place with not much to do. He might have remembered that as a child you were trying to draw and said you wished you could draw. You might not have remembered that, but his memory might have prompted him to send you the art material, so that you could have another try, but more importantly so that you would have something to occupy your time. Just a thought.
Rena I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it..

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Anyway, I decided to buy a pad and some coloured felt-tips and had a little try. Bear in mind, we lived in the middle of a pine forest, had no car, no British TV, so I had to amuse myself as I was out of contact with my family, and letters took ages to arrive.
Mollie if my child was living in those circumstances I would think hard of something to help them pass the time . Books of course but they may be best left to personal choice and were probably available anyway.

Many times I have heard people say 'if I had the time I would like to learn to draw' and as the worlds worst artist I would say the same myself Your father may have thought the same thing and you had the ideal opportunity to think about taking up art as well. I too would have sent art materials so I don't find it unusual.

Just as I am about to text my son or sister I often get a text from them, spooky ? No, not really. I am conveniently forgetting all the times we text each other and don't do it simultaneously. Because texting each other is something we all do regularly it is not surprising that coincidently we occasionally do it at the same time.

My son occasionally comes for lunch and my dog knows when this is going to happen and sits by the front door. Is this unseen forces at play, no dogs (when awake ) observe every nuance of our behaviour, movement, body language. My dog has learnt by associating certain things I do with things I have done previously that some things may happen .Eg setting the table at lunch time means someone will arrive, so she waits by the front door.

I believe there really are logical explanations for most things. For the rest there is coincidence and maybe an element of ignoring certain things and putting connotations on others because we want them to be true.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2012, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Does anybody believe that this is possible? I have to, because it's happened to me on several occasions inexplicably, but before I tell of them, I'd just like to know if anyone believes it can/does happen.
No, I am afraid I can't believe anything along these lines I would say that most of these co-incidences are no more than pure chance. We live in an age where superstition has been replaced with reason and science. Thank goodness for that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top