Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 12:54 AM

What I've done today.

I've done well today. I've bathed and clipped all four Bedlingtons in one day. I don't like the show trims with all the shaved areas, it must be like going out in January with a coat full of holes, poor dog! Mine are hairier than that, but that's how I like 'em, and them smell divine tonight.
My back don't half ache now though!

What have you done today?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 06:03 AM

Re: What I've done today.

So far Mups I've got up, got dressed and spent 20 minutes on my computer. In 15 minutes I'll be off into town to fetch a paper. Nothing planned for today.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 07:06 AM

Well done managing to bathe and clip four Bedlingtons in a day Mups, that is some mean feat!

We clip our own dogs as well, and like you we like to keep their coats a little longer in the winter so they are more comfortable, and at £25 a pop down at the poodle parlour it saves us quite a bit of dosh over the year as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 10:10 AM

Well done Mups I tidied Chloe a week ago and it took me 4 hours (with stripping knife and shears) but she looks tidy and trimmed feet mean cleaner floors.

I have a fleece for her to wear when I trim her in the winter, dogs like us must feel the cold going out from a warm house into frost and sleet.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 10:17 AM

Just up from me chambers, coffee mug in hand so ive done absolutely nothing, But i will take my hat off to you, washing 4 Bedlingtons is a feat i would not tackle, even if they were the classic cut.

Brings back memories of my wet Puli and Apso they became floor mops and delighted in jumping on the sofa too dry themselves.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Just up from me chambers, coffee mug in hand so ive done absolutely nothing, But i will take my hat off to you, washing 4 Bedlingtons is a feat i would not tackle, even if they were the classic cut.

Brings back memories of my wet Puli and Apso they became floor mops and delighted in jumping on the sofa too dry themselves.

Blimey Nom, I wouldn't know where to begin with a Puli's coat. Do you have to wash them or would it spoil the cords? Doesn't that type of coat get smelly if it is never bathed or brushed? Please forgive my ignorance here.

I adore the soft woolley bodies of the Beddies, they're really warm and so soft when they snuggle up.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Blimey Nom, I wouldn't know where to begin with a Puli's coat. Do you have to wash them or would it spoil the cords? Doesn't that type of coat get smelly if it is never bathed or brushed? Please forgive my ignorance here.

I adore the soft woolley bodies of the Beddies, they're really warm and so soft when they snuggle up.
My Puli loved to dive into water any chance it got, and yes when wet it did tend to smell a bit. We did bathe it from time to time, most of the work on the cords were keeping them seperate. The Apso was a different challenge as they dont shed their coat, so constant grooming to allow removal of the undercoat, as it would quickly become felt like if left.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-01-2015, 10:42 PM

Oh, I didn't know the Apso's didn't moult. These Bedlington's don't either.
Don't you want a dog for company nowadays, Nom? It would be horribly quiet at home for me, without a dog.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

31-01-2015, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Oh, I didn't know the Apso's didn't moult. These Bedlington's don't either.
Don't you want a dog for company nowadays, Nom? It would be horribly quiet at home for me, without a dog.
Yes i would love a dog Mups, but my circumstances prevent it, i could not guarantee to provide for all its needs as sometimes i cant meet my own, it would be wrong of me to do so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

31-01-2015, 11:11 PM

Oh sorry Nom, I didn't know. That's a real shame.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top