Join for free
Page 533 of 1676 « First < 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 583 633 1033 1533 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 03:43 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Yes indeed, nothing like a drop of the crayter to buck you up “throw away your pills, it’ll cure all ills”

Speaking of ills.

It always amazes me when I see ads for germ killing products that say “It kills 99% of all household germs” why they say that I’ll never know, it’s actually self defeating when you think of it.
Germs/bacteria are a million times better at breeding than rabbits, they come by the billions, but just take a tiny fraction, say 1,000 germs are on the tip of your index finger, you wash your hands in disinfectant and 99% of the weakest germs are massacred, fair enough, only trouble is that leaves the healthiest and strongest germs still on your finger. You put your finger into your mouth to check out a tooth or to rub your gums and you deposit all these fit as a fiddle little lads and lassies into the ideal breeding grounds, the constantly warm mouth. Before you can say Jack Robinson there’s millions of the happy creatures playing havoc inside your mouth, sore throats, gumboils, cold sores, and what have you appear, all because of that 1% that got away, you probably would have been better off with the 99% of weaklings.
But lets not worry about that, what the eye doesn’t see the heart doesn’t grieve for, Howard Hughes knew all this stuff and we don’t want to end up like him do we? It all began when he stopped shaking hands with folks.
Here’s a bar of a tune dear old Howard would have loved.

“Shake hands with your Uncle Mike, me boy
And here is your sister, Kate
And there's the girl you used to swing
Down by the garden gate
Shake hands with all of the neighbours
And kiss the colleens all
You're as welcome as the flowers in May
To dear old Donegal”

Bing Crosby-Dear old Donegal.
dear old Bing beautiful voice no doubt but I hear [are rather viewed] that he was an absent father [of course] and an abusive husband - how sad 'because he was a 'treasure' to the nation and the world!

I just can't wait for his "white Xmas" every year - weep ; weep
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 04:29 PM

just caught the end of "lock stock and two smokin barrels" - what a film - what a film! naughty but nice!

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 04:52 PM

Having read Jems germ havoc I realising it is no longer safe to pick my nose and then the nostalgia on that groaning Bing who I never quite liked that much.

His laid back easy going charm always seemed a bit forced and I always thought he should have married Joan Crawford who acted in the same way. Now that could have been a match made in heaven (or hell as the case maybe) and something to write home about.

Anyway I digress as I wanted to say seeing my hero Jason Statham aka Bacon has now put the world to rights again. I thank you Gumbud for your immmaculate good taste in clips. .
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:12 PM

WHY,does a black square come up on my screen,each time YOOZ lot are all watching vij-oze????? I've huffed 'n' puffed 'n' sweared 'n' blared 'n' tried VLC 'n' apps new t'me [see the poetic cider me? Even in adversity?] but sfa seems to be working. I even wrote a VERY strongly worded complaint to Microsoft...but I don't think they received my telegram...
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 09:20 PM

https://youtu.be/yrHEu-c2UFg

There you go Pugsy Bear.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

07-03-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
WHY,does a black square come up on my screen,each time YOOZ lot are all watching vij-oze????? I've huffed 'n' puffed 'n' sweared 'n' blared 'n' tried VLC 'n' apps new t'me [see the poetic cider me? Even in adversity?] but sfa seems to be working. I even wrote a VERY strongly worded complaint to Microsoft...but I don't think they received my telegram...
I've told you before try different default programs -you'll find the in ya apps section!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:36 PM

I say...JOLLY good show,young Yummie Pie!

However [my GAWD,Jason Statham looks young in that! Have I really become SO old,Squidgy Pie? Was LSATSB REALLY made that long ago?] I still can NOT figure out why I only see black squares where everyone else is seeing a video.....#sigh#.....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2018, 10:40 PM

At least everyone is happy.

I promise to post a sensible post tomorrow.
Don't hold your breath.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

07-03-2018, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I've told you before try different default programs -you'll find the in ya apps section!!
I HAVE,gummy! I've even CHANGED BETWEEN various choices of media programs,checked EVERY default is current...and even sacrificed two virgins to Thor,as I faced East at sunset...NUFFINK!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-03-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I HAVE,gummy! I've even CHANGED BETWEEN various choices of media programs,checked EVERY default is current...and even sacrificed two virgins to Thor,as I faced East at sunset...NUFFINK!
Looky here Pugsy Bear.
I will get help.

Page 533 of 1676 « First < 33 433 483 523 531 532 533 534 535 543 583 633 1033 1533 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top