Join for free
Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 11:00 AM

Re: NHS Malaise

When I was in over Christmas it was obvious they are understaffed at times. But grossly over staffed at others. They need to get the balance right. I think the use of agency staff is madness too I saw one nurse offer to cover a shift but apparently there was no money for overtime, so they got in an agency nurse at three times that cost ! If the agency budget had money why couldn't it have gone to overtime and save some of it for next time ?

These things just don't happen in private companies. I don't want to see NHS go private but they need to look at what works and adopt some better practices.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 12:14 PM

Said it many times before and will say it again.

The NHS is being deliberately run down so that people go to Private Health providers.

This in turn is being done to pave the way for COMPULSORY health insurance.

So there are many $billions riding on this entire thing. The value of all those new insurance policies, the claims, the admin, etc etc.

Massive business it will be, just like in the States.

All imho
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 02:10 PM

Looks that way Realist.

https://evolvepolitics.com/utterly-s...affing-agency/
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

The NHS is being deliberately run down so that people go to Private Health providers.

So there are many $billions riding on this entire thing. The value of all those new insurance policies, the claims, the admin, etc etc.

All imho
While I do believe you I also think they must be really inept because they've had years and several tries at it and still haven't managed to do it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

All imho
This "running down for privatisation" lie is completely disproved by the actual funding figures which are available here.

The real questions are how do we sustain the unsustainable, and how much money will ever be enough for the NHS?

We really need a national conversation regarding future funding that I believe will inevitably need to involve private funding of some description, rather than exclusively from taxation. Whether that will be by insurance or sponsorship or some other means I know not, but what I do know is that the NHS will surely bankrupt us sooner or later if it continues to be the sacred cow that some see it as...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 04:43 PM

First we stop health tourism .
People must have some sort of travel insurance before coming to the uk .
It costs us £2 Billion a year .
The rest of Europe has no problem recovering costs from us when we use EU medical facilities .
As for those coming from none EU countries with serious conditions they must be not admitted .
We need to have a NATIONAL health service not an international free for all.

Some sort of contribution should be made towards health care.
If every household in the country paid £10 a year above NI contributions towards the health service it's would bring in £270.20 million .
( There were 27.2 million households in the Uk in 2017 )

Perhaps extra contributions towards the NHS could be classed as charities and given tax relief .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
First we stop health tourism .
People must have some sort of travel insurance before coming to the uk .
It costs us £2 Billion a year .
The rest of Europe has no problem recovering costs from us when we use EU medical facilities .
As for those coming from none EU countries with serious conditions they must be not admitted .
We need to have a NATIONAL health service not an international free for all.
I agree Muddy but that's just plugging one hole, and with rigorous financial management we could perhaps plug a couple of others such as procurement which should be tackled regardless, but as the NHS is soaking up over £120 billion annually at the moment those savings alone will not give the service, in it's current form, the funding it needs for the future. We really will need something more radical, and ideally we need something with cross party consensus to stop the NHS being a continual political football.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 05:03 PM

Perhaps every football club in the country could do a charity match towards the NHS .
Or any mega rich Russian or other buying a house here could be obliged to make a donation .
Perhaps he lottery or does it do that already ?
Meanwhile doctors especially GPs perhaps could give one days pay to the system that provides their livelihood - they are paid very well indeed .
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2018, 05:35 PM

Another govenment/NHS box ticking exercise! Today I went to the chemists to pick up my prescription, and my lovely pharmacist asked me to complete a two sided "satisfaction" proforma, as he did to all customers who came in.

Having completed the form I handed it back to him and jokingly said "which bin will it go in?" He then said that he had asked where he should send the completed forms for analysis. The response was that they (?) simply do not have the time or manpower to deal with them, thus making it a totally irrelevant exercise. Yet more NHS wasted money sending these papers to all pharmacists. Simply so thaat they can tell the public what a good job thry are making....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:41 AM

A damning indictment of the scumbag 'nasty party's policies relating to the cash-starved NHS.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/he...-a8152836.html

Page 11 of 23 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top