Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 03:21 PM

Re: Itv+4

Thank you very much.
I will go and try that now.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 07:14 PM

AAMOI (remember that one Mups? - channel 24 on Freeview is the common or garden ITV 4 not the HD version.

Besides, you shouldn't be watching Sean Connery, you know how unnecessary you get.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
QUEST RED +1 has moved frequency. Retune your FreeView HD eqipment to continue to receive this service, or go to www.freeview to see if you can upgrade to Freeview HD.

This is even more gobbledegook to me, I've never even heard of Quest Red for a start, so still don't know what to do about it.
It's exactly as I stated in my post.

Your TV needs to do a rescan of the channels.

Press the Menu button
Navigate to System or Installation settings
Select Automatic Service Scan or equivalent

It will take a few minutes to work through it all

When it's done your list of channels in the programme guide may not be in the same order as before. If so you'll have to move them about according to your preference.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:25 PM

Purwell and Realist are correct Mups, you need to 'Re-Tune' your TV because they keep moving all the channels about, adding new ones and deleting others.

Check the menu and find 'Auto Tune' and it will do the rest.
It's unlikely that it will shuffle the channels, so they should appear where they were before.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 11:32 PM

Thank you everyone (except the Judster ).
I went to do it this afternoon, then got involved in a difficult phone call instead.
I will follow instructions and have a go tomorrow, and report back.

Thanks again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2018, 10:29 PM

Well I said I would let you know how I got on, so here goes.
It was a flippin' nightmare!

I can't remember all the questions it asked now, but it was worse than those phone calls who keep asking you to press button this, that, and the other, over and over.

A couple of things I can remember were did I want to reprogramme tv, radio, data, or something else, so I pressed TV.
Then it asked if I was analogue, digital, and was I cable, aeriel, satellite, so I pressed aeriel.

It went on to ask loads more and I just hoped I was pressing the right things, and in the end it finally started to reprogramme.
It took ages, and when it finally finished, a message on the screen said I had no programmes and there was something wrong with the b***dy signal.

I had to start all over again.
This happened THREE more times! I was getting really upset by then, because I didn't understand why there would suddenly be no signal. I thought I had broken me telly. I was nearly in tears with frustration by now.

In the end, I tried reading the manual on line, but couldn't find anything to help me. So as a last resort I went and asked the lovely chap across the road, (the one who helped me when that car broke my garden wall recently), if he knew how to re-programme a TV.
He said Yes, and came straight over.

Even after 2 more attempts, he still kept getting the same result as I had. He turned it on and off, unplugged the aeriel and put it back, and also read the manual.

After ages, he suddenly got it right. I don't know how he did it, but it works, and he made the picture bigger for me too, and I could have kissed him. I was so very grateful.
So now I have my telly back and it's perfect and I can even get Channel 24 now (ITV4) which I have not been able to get before.

On the downside, I had left a bag of shopping on the chair in the kitchen all this time. It wasn't until I got a very large Baguette out to cut up, that I saw the end of it had disappeared - in fact about 4" off the end to be precise!

While I had been absorbed in the TV problem, one of my thieving little rats had had their snout in my shopping bag.
They were so crafty because they hadn't tipped it all out, I'd have seen or heard that straightaway. No, they must have stood on their back legs and kept grabbing mouthtfulls as they walked by, leaving it all still in the bag so I never twigged what was going on.
Talk about taking advantage ey.

Anyhow, thank you everyone who tried to help yesterday.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2018, 10:38 PM

P.S.

I think I am right in saying, we shouldn't have been pressing 'Aerial', we were supposed to press 'Air' instead! How weird is that! What the 'eck does 'Air' mean?

I didn't have a clue what it meant.
One would assume that being as I am connected by aerial, one should press aerial, but it turned out, you have to press 'Air' instead. Then a picture of a roof aeriel comes up and it put all the channels back that it had taken away before.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 11:17 PM

Maybe `Air` is if you have Freesat instead of Freeview?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2018, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Maybe `Air` is if you have Freesat instead of Freeview?

NO. I'm definitely on Freeview.

BTW, will you please empty your flippin' message box!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
We are on 'Freeview' Mups, and there is no need to upgrade to receive HD if your telly is a newish one. HD channels start at 101 which is BBC1 then they go 102 = BBC2 103 = ITV 104 = Channel four and so on.....Like Summer though, I find very little difference between the ordinary channels and HD. Sometimes they show different things on the HD channels, for example, the local news can not be seen on a HD channel.
Hope this helps Mups.....

Thank you Foxy, but I don't seem to have a 101.
Mine jumps from 100 to 201. Don't know what that means?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top