Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 06:47 PM

Re: Pet Cremation

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Just before he "went" my daughter said, " look!" he was wagging his tail.
I just realised, I spent more years with him than either of my husbands. (13 years each) and was much happier too!
Ahh but he will never be a Wasfloyd, because he will remain in your heart forever.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 07:12 PM

So very sorry to hear about your much loved Floyd, it is always horrible losing a much loved pet.

Regarding cremation, all I can tell you is that when my little Muffin (Bichon/Maltese) was cremated, his ashes were returned in a little velvet bag, the bag was inside a small stained glass box with his name, date of birth and death etched into the box. The box is approximately 2 1/2" long and approximately 1 1/2" high. I keep saying I will scatter his ashes in his favourite place, but I can´t bring myself to part with them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 07:59 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss of your best friend Floyd, Tess

He will always be with you within your heart. xx
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Letting go is hard very hard and i can well understand those wanting to keep ashes of their pets.

Sue and I decided the best way to remember them is with photos, but that is us.
The number of dogs we have had over 45 years more often than not 3/4 at any one time If we had ashes of them all wouldn't fit on a mantlepiece.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->

Letting go is hard very hard and i can well understand those wanting to keep ashes of their pets.

Sue and I decided the best way to remember them is with photos, but that is us.
The number of dogs we have had over 45 years more often than not 3/4 at any one time If we had ashes of them all wouldn't fit on a mantlepiece.
I too have photos and I make a little memory book with them. A sort of life story for the dog, little stories about some of their antics, where and when the photos were taken, etc. I started doing this when I lost my first treasured little Pomeranian, did the same for his little partner in crime a couple of years later, then little Muffin's. It makes me sad looking at them, but they also bring back lots of memories.
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 10:38 PM

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Floyd.
“Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow,
may looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow."

When we have our dogs cremated here, we are given the option on what to bring them home in. We've always chosen urns.
We have 5 of them, each with the dogs name and their picture.
We've also chosen to be cremated, and when it's time, we'll all be released together at our chosen spot.
Take your time to decide what you want to do. If you're not ready to pick up the ashes, maybe somebody can do it for you?
My husband always picked them up, and while I cried buckets when he brought them home, it also felt right having them home. I think you will feel that too.

I also make memory books for our pooches. Still haven't been able to do our Rollie's. But soon.
They are wonderful to have.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 04:01 PM

TessA, I am very sorry to hear about your Floyd. I really felt for you, when you said you wailed at the vets.

I have never kept any of my dogs ashes but now reading this thread, l feel guilty but l do have lots of photographs of them all.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:19 PM

I've got into the habit of keeping a lock of hair of family members and pets over the years. It means you can still touch them.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I've got into the habit of keeping a lock of hair of family members and pets over the years. It means you can still touch them.
When it was time for my cat Cassie to go, the vet gave me a small zipped bag inside a little box containing shavings of her beautiful tortoiseshell coat. It always brings back special memories of her
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 08:33 PM

That's lovely Mags x

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top