Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 10:45 AM

are romanian gangs controlling street begging where you live ?

are romanian gangs controlling street begging where you live ? 26.01.18

the penny has dropped
i appreciate the land
even if bloomsbury is popped
not just in camden is the giving hand.
the problem is in kentish town
along time ago i highlighted
now camden and holloway don't frown
business plan shows boss is delighted.
sitting in the freezing
with a very thin veil
suitcase is a red herein teasing
it all pushes genuine up the scale.
exploited and used
maybe lured with a false promise
the beggars to are being abused
it shows criminal gangs are no novice.
we have to get control
begging free should be every pavement
glad crime is online and less police patrol
shooting own feet is a achievement.

http://camdennewjournal.com/article/...et%2520begging
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 10:49 AM

Re: are romanian gangs controlling street begging where you live ?

Certainly a high percentage of East Europeans up here are actively begging, they can be aggressive and cold well intimidate some to give to get rid of them.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 10:54 AM

There is very little of it here, I can name the 4 that are regulars, they are all English or one is Scottish, we have many more homeless but the Sally Army get them off the street into shelters. Police are horrible to them too I always feel the ones that are begging take their lives in their hands.

When we had a meal at Christmas about a hundred homeless turned up so they are out there somewhere. Again though no Romanians just sad people fallen through the cracks in society.

I think it's regional cities attract a lot of different sorts of homeless or even not homeless but scammers.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 11:09 AM

No, no Bulgarians beggars here. The only Romanians I know are lovely hardworking people, who got jobs within two weeks of arriving here. The only Romanian beggar I know is my little rescue dog, whom I taught to beg for treats.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
No, no Bulgarians beggars here. The only Romanians I know are lovely hardworking people, who got jobs within two weeks of arriving here. The only Romanian beggar I know is my little rescue dog, whom I taught to beg for treats.
Yes that's what happens here too they are a hard working bunch from what I see.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 11:44 AM

Lots of Romanian and Bulgarian beggars here - it is an affluent city and they take advantage. I'll only give money to someone who is British.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 12:51 PM

The beggars are not quite as bad here as they used to be. They mostly hang out in the commercial centres, outside Mercadona, Lidl, etc, always the same ones, interesting that they change shift at 2 p.m. I don't know if they are Romanian or Bulgarian, one is very obviously African. Many these days sit outside the shops with their notices, "3 children, no job" etc, there is even one who sits on her knees for the hours her shift lasts, this one is allegedly "doing penance". They no longer use children or babies, that is illegal and would get them arrested and the children taken from them. They use dogs these days, mostly big Rottweiler type, occasionally small cute ones. The dogs always appear to be very well fed and very well behaved.

I do see people giving money or food to these beggars, but personally I don't. I've seen them out and about some evenings, you would barely recognise them, I've also seen them being dropped off by "whoever" in their Mercs and BMWs. All of the ones I see have their smart phones, perhaps the boss supplies them, I don't know. If I gave even a small amount to them every time I went shopping I would be penniless within a week.

I have only come across one British beggar here, I would hazard a guess that he's in his early 70s or late 60s, he sits strumming a guitar, when he has collected some money he's off to his local café/bar for a couple of beers.
Before anyone asks how I know he goes for beers, it's because we have been in the same café/bar many times having a coffee at the same time.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 12:54 PM

Could well be the reason for an increase in 'rough sleepers'. It's been a culture in Europe for long enough, and continues to grow there also.
There are Romanians selling the 'BIG ISSUES' (they get soaked when it rains), Iraqis washing cars (they work hard) . I would hate to think of them all being controlled by 'gang masters' ... but how could we find that out because I reckon most are ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 01:31 PM

Only beggars I see in our town are British and strangely enough they are nowhere near as numerous as they were a couple of years ago, I have no idea why.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 01:34 PM

Cris kitch wrote a book pavement for my pillow , she was a homeless girl from a very young age , addicted to drugs and alcohol , had 2 children taken away , her life story was horrendous , she lived on the streets for years until she asked for help and got it from a group of nuns who took her in . She lives on a house boat somewhere or did when she wrote her book , she may not be alive now , her book is very informative and worth reading

Her book is her life story , she tells us never ever give money to beggers or homeless as they will spend it on drugs or alcohol as she used to , she says all it does is keeps them there begging and drinking , her words not mine .

So I never give money , I'll offer a coffee or food but never cash .

Where I live homelessness has doubled , but we now have a street bus which will hold quite a few at night with log burner and utilities , it's manned by volunteers , I'd rather donate to that .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top