Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 01:32 PM

Re: Can’t

Oh dear, is she very strict?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 02:14 PM

I can't take much more
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
From a Police website:

It is illegal to carry any sharp or bladed instrument in a public place (with the exception of a folding pocket knife, which has a blade that is less than 7.62 cm (3 inches)).

A lock knife is not a folding pocket knife and therefore it is illegal to carry around such a knife regardless of the length of the blade (if you do not have reasonable excuse). A lock knife means a knife which is similar to a folding knife, in that there is a spring holding the blade closed. However, a lock knife has a mechanism which locks the blade in position when fully extended, the blade cannot be closed without that mechanism being released. A lock knife is not an offensive weapon per se (because these knives were made with a specific purpose in mind and not as a weapon). However, possession of a lock knife in a public place without reasonable excuse is an offence.

Possession of a multi-tool incorporating a prohibited blade/pointed article is capable of being an offence under this section even if there are other tools on the instrument which may be of use to a person in a public place (screwdriver, can opener).

The ban is not total, it is for the person in possession of such an instrument to prove on the balance of probabilities that he/she had good reason for its possession. It will have to be genuine, for example, someone back packing across the Lake District may reasonably be expected to have a knife for the preparation of meals. It will be far more difficult to justify on the streets of a city or town, but there will be occasions when someone is genuinely going to a martial arts sport or scout meeting (which is easily checked).

The penalty for committing this offence is a maximum prison sentence of four years.
Mups, you do realise your IP address and other info is now stored on the police "suspect" files, don't you?

Any visitor looking for the legalities of offensive/dangerous weapons is investigated.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Mups, you do realise your IP address and other info is now stored on the police "suspect" files, don't you?

Any visitor looking for the legalities of offensive/dangerous weapons is investigated.
But don't you worry Mups.
I will come and visit you in prison, and bring you a lovely big Dundee cake.
With a file in it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

Well if that is so, they will be wasting good money investigating an old biddy for nothing, won't they.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
But don't you worry Mups.
I will come and visit you in prison, and bring you a lovely big Dundee cake.
With a file in it!

Thank you Boozy. Watch the newspapers to see if I have been taken away won't you.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Boozy. Watch the newspapers to see if I have been taken away won't you.
I will Mups.
I will.
I mean ever since I have been on this forum.
I have watched over you.
Haven’t I ?

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top