Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 06:16 PM

Destination WA

This is where I live!

http://www.destinationwa.tv/

I'm watching it right now - great fun as i've been to many of the places shown - and now of course it feels like home with plenty of cultural stuff [Indigenous] too
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 09:33 PM

Re: Destination WA

I spent a few months in WA 30 odd years ago working on a rig off Karatha (sp) then I did something stupid and returned to the UK. Regretted it ever since.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 09:45 PM

I have traveled all up the west coast from Perth to Darwin .
It was a fantastic adventure .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Genetm ->
There are plenty of tourist attractions that you can explore and experience

Chao Phraya - Most Popular Attraction on Riverside Bangkok
It's many years since I visited Bangkok but what a wonderful place .
I loved it from the many wonderful Buddhas and palaces to the huge Chatuchak market .
Also Jim Thompsons spooky house .
The colour and life of Bangkok is just amazing .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2018, 11:56 PM

I remember jetting into Perth WA in 1981 - my second arrival there but this time for good. Perth was a quiet sleepy hollow where all the shops closed at midday on a Saturday so that all the MEN could have time off to watch the footie and the women could make them sarnies and throw them a tinnie!

It was expansive of course compared to UK - what isn't - America has the same feel. And as I was staying on the coastal strip - miles and miles of sand. Perth in those days was always quiet - very little night life ; very few shops but it did have plenty of drive -in theaters which I always thought was a cop out - sitting in ya own car to watch a film? Food was english and bland until the Asian cuisine started kicking in but it was safe and almost crime zero.

looking back some say it was boring and lifeless - others safe and trouble free - now it has become more expansive - more concrete - we still watch footie and the shops stay open on a saturday arvo and some are trying to turn the coast resorts into 77 sunset strips!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top