Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 10:28 AM

Re: Deal or No Deal

If you leave with no deal and expect to instantly trade under WTO rules you will be sadly mistaken.
Because first you will have to create a hard Irish border and that as it stands is illegal.
You will also have to create the paperwork, facilities and personnel to deal with it all. AFAIK that is not happening tho I sincerely hope it is.

In fact I don't think we know the terms and conditions of the transition two years either. ie whether the UK and EU will just carry on trading as it does now or whether that is legal since legally you are not a member anymore. Can it continue of all the EU members agree in both EU Parliament and Council? Does it need a vote in the UK Parliament since it is based on Article 50 but A50 does not outline the process for creating a transition period...just that there can be one, bit no terms for trade during that time outlined.

and then to trade on WTO terms demands a hard border which the EU has also ruled out.

Looks to be an interesting 7 months. I suggest Raab open discussions with the WTO because I don't think he knows how it works in detail.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2018, 12:02 PM

Uk has been winging it from the start, no more referendum ever again for sure. Electorate cannot be trusted.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 11:19 AM

Flicker, it seems you have a better understanding of the situation than most of the government including Rabb and the others including that drip Rees Mogg who all seem to be educated above their ability to recognize logic and reality.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Simples, we change our law, dead easy.

As it is Ireland who are causing all the trouble we also ban all Irish HGVs from travelling through the UK and also abolish the Common Travel Area.

Irish Citizens would then not be allowed free movement and work here in the UK.

If Ireland and the EU want to play silly idiots so can we and it will destroy the Irish Economy at a stroke.
Can we send all those Irish travellers back to Ireland too ?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top