Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 11:33 PM

Re: What is your home like.

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I'd say it's eclectic...a unique blend of many styles fabrics and colours!
I like a homely/cosy lived in comfy atmosphere....tidy to a point but not obsessively so...I like to put my own style into my home.
My hell would be beige/Magnolia. modern minimalist nothingness.
I.d like to visit your house, I like homes with fabrics and colour
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Very small and untidy but clean.
I always have lots of crafty things on the go, wool, lace, fabric, glue, paint etc. everywhere!
Never open a cupboard if you value your life, beware of avalanche!

I go for the lived - in "homely" look bordering on "Hoarders".

Very few people see it so I don't really care, got better things to do and more important stuff to worry about

My motto is, "if you don't like it, bogg off somewhere else!"

Tess, that could well be my house you've described.
We'd get on famously.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 12:35 AM

All public areas are so clean ...tidy...organised .
and aesthetically pleasing...

It's a shock to see my floordrobe emerge from time to time
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:10 AM

Sparkling clean, no mess anywhere, we have always been like that, even as a kid, I used to make my bed before Mum did.

I even make sure the Cat's bed is clean and tidy.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:33 AM

Man cave is a temple to music wildlife and photography, books everywhere.

During the summer i take every chance to get out so home is not a priority.

Come November i will start to put things in order slowly over time ready for the years end splurge.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Our hovel is our pride and joy, we do replace the straw and sawdust on the floor sometimes if we are expecting visitors, and out of respect for the environment we always wipe our feet on the way out.....
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:45 AM

Mostly clean and tidy...except for the kitchen sometimes. The kitchen is where it all happens, it's quite big (used to be separate kitchen and dining room but has been knocked into one room now) and I tend to live in it during the day (as does me dawg).

Just lately I've been conscious that I allow it to get in a state during the day then have a massive job cleaning it up in the evening, so I've been doing more clearing as I go. Seems to be working.

The yardstick I use now is...would I be embarrassed if I got unexpected visitors? And no, I wouldn't be.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 08:54 AM

My home is also my hobby. I love finding old things and making them like new again...have to admit my house sparkles...that's just me I like nice things but it's a home and I'm not precious about it, when grandkids are here furniture is upended and dens are made...people feel happy to kick off their shoes and put their feet up
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Are you a clutterbug, untidy, clean freak or showhome type of person.

My house is clean and tidy downstairs as I don't like it messy and I have to have everything symmetrical. My husband keeps trying to move stuff around and puts things not symmetrical and it drives me mad so I always put them back to how they were.

I'm very untidy in my bedroom and my wardrobes, cupboards and drawers are a disorganised mess. I do wish I was more organised sometimes but I don't worry about it.

While I like a clean home I'm not a clean freak and can live with a bit of dust.

What about you?
I would say usually say,show home type,..but I have just come out of hospital,so it's anything but!.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:02 AM

Very tidy apart from the room Mrs mart uses for crafting. Maybe a bit dusty here and there.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top