Join for free
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:00 PM

Learn to...

There are, no doubt, several people on here who shall not be named (including, cough, Morty ) who probably think that autodidacticism means trying to fathom out how their car works .

However, having had to brush up some of the finer and more obscure aspects of A Level statistics so that I can then pass this world of knowledge onto others for a small and competitive fee , I have once again discovered the joy of self-studying.

Have any of you got some sort of autodidacticism going on? If so, what about and do you use any useful sites to assist?

As an aside, if any of you have any family or friends who are studying GCSE or GCE maths, then they could do far worse than listen to the lessons on this site. His explanations are phenomenally good IMHO.

Naturally, if any of these family or friends live in the South Manchester area, then you should veer them away from the site, significantly since my private tuitions take place there and I need the cash
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:20 PM

Re: Learn to...

Ah, self-learning. Good stuff.

I have a penchant for Stanford University's online courses on Youtube - particularly the ones on physics and neuroscience that send me off on tangents of reading in the two fields.

Khan Academy is an excellent resource too.

You should consider putting this in the "Other Leisure Activites" thread.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:29 PM

I'm not keen on self learning courses, I tend to watch telly instead.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Ah, self-learning. Good stuff.

I have a penchant for Stanford University's online courses on Youtube - particularly the ones on physics and neuroscience that send me off on tangents of reading in the two fields.

Khan Academy is an excellent resource too.
Thanks

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You should consider putting this in the "Other Leisure Activites" thread.
Sorry, my oversight. Will ask the mods to shift it

Edit - er, how can I contact the mods? The alert button is only to be used for spam etc

Double edit - just noticed it's been moved. Thanks mods
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thanks

Sorry, my oversight. Will ask the mods to shift it

Edit - er, how can I contact the mods? The alert button is only to be used for spam etc
I’ve just moved it for you Dextrous63
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

22-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’ve just moved it for you Dextrous63
Thanks again Mags. Much appreciated
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Thanks again Mags. Much appreciated
You’re welcome

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top