Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:00 AM

Re: After we leave the EU (part 2)

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We haven't left yet, still full on members and likely to be so for a couple of years at least.
Hi swim. In fairness you were replying to my post:
Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Ok. Let's evolve this thread and imagine that the UK has already left.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
... What the hell are we going to argue about?

Will it mean that Azz will have to close down this section of the forum??

Or are "we" going to continue with a new "Post Brexit" section, with the inexorable "I told you so" threads from both sides of the fence ?

Might be time to start planning your intended lines of thought
It won't be about 'I told you so' in future it will be about how the UK snivel enough to get back in having realised how deep the sh--- pit is.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 07:07 PM

Well, we've finally left thank goodness.

Companies who threatened to leave are still here and investing in this country, and others are thinking of joining them ever since we reduced business rates, etc, to attract them.

Our savings have allowed more financial support for the NHS and the police. Best of all, May has been sacked and replaced by Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Things are looking very rosy.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 07:18 PM

Assuming a brexit deal will be negotiated, during the transtion period you continue to follow all EU rules, pay into the budget and abide by rulings of the EU’s Court of Justice, but you are not members.
The UK will not have voting or representation rights during transition, barring some very limited areas where it necessarily must have an input, as in the case of*fishing quotas. The EU has always closely guarded membership as something that comes with privileges and so it is here: during transition, the UK will not be like a member on this most basic test.

If it was my choice, I would leave the EU march 2019, no deal, and be done with it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Assuming a brexit deal will be negotiated, during the transtion period you continue to follow all EU rules, pay into the budget and abide by rulings of the EU’s Court of Justice, but you are not members.
The UK will not have voting or representation rights during transition, barring some very limited areas where it necessarily must have an input, as in the case of*fishing quotas. The EU has always closely guarded membership as something that comes with privileges and so it is here: during transition, the UK will not be like a member on this most basic test.

If it was my choice, I would leave the EU march 2019, no deal, and be done with it.
I tend to agree.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 07:32 PM

In the netherlands some companies which are dependent upon resources from the UK fear there may be a ("artificial") shortage. They got a simple advice: buy the manufactoring companies in the UK and make sure of delivery. A good investment because UK labour will be cheap due to expected reductions in wages.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
It won't be about 'I told you so' in future it will be about how the UK snivel enough to get back in having realised how deep the sh--- pit is.
That's more like it

If you could have written it in the past tense, it would have been perfect
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

03-10-2018, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well, we've finally left thank goodness.

Companies who threatened to leave are still here and investing in this country, and others are thinking of joining them ever since we reduced business rates, etc, to attract them.

Our savings have allowed more financial support for the NHS and the police. Best of all, May has been sacked and replaced by Jacob Rees-Mogg.

Things are looking very rosy.
Thank you for your imagination
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Did you join this forum just to specifically slag off brexit and brexiteers?

Saddo....
Just having my say like everyone else, erm, I think people free speech. No need for name calling old boy
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

03-10-2018, 08:41 PM

I have to say, that since leaving the EU, it's been really fun to use candles to light my house. Golly, it's just like being a kid again back in the 70's.

I wonder if EDF will be allowed to supply us with electricity again now the EU has set up its embargoes.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top