Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 03:29 PM

Re: Transgender Drama

I don't know about any recent TV programme
But can anyone remember a BBC play years back with Sean Bean? He played a transexual called Tracie in Accused: Tracie's Story .... and it was damn good.

Not gay pride, not OTT, not promoting gay rights but a real sensitively and cleverly handled mental/emotional journey both for him and the straight guy (a taxi driver) he got into a relationship with.

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 03:35 PM

It's up on youtube if anyone wants to watch it.

https://youtu.be/m-53G0q5oGc?list=PL...7EuSB-5n2j6Fgl
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 04:33 PM

I saw in next week's telly guide there are now THREE drama's coming about people's sexual identity - 1 transgender one, 1 lesbian one, and 1 Bi-sexual one.
Happy viewing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by BadHairDay ->
I think it would be beneficial to explore these issues as documentaries rather than "reality" shows.

People are curious about things and have a need to learn so they can understand .. documentary programming works well to fill those needs.

"Reality" shows are rubbish and mostly over exaggerated as well as scripted ... you never get true reality from that type of program.

Good point BHD.

I would have thought if this subject wants to be taken seriously, documentaries would be a better way.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

04-10-2018, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I saw in next week's telly guide there are now THREE drama's coming about people's sexual identity - 1 transgender one, 1 lesbian one, and 1 Bi-sexual one.
Happy viewing.
Well I wouldn't go that far
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-10-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Well I wouldn't go that far

There ya go, Mort. Spoilt for choice.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
No, I didn't mean the drama is being "rammed down our throats" at all. It has not even started.

But I am a bit fed up with the big influx of same sex couples snogging their faces off on telly. There seems to be more same sex people featured snogging than heterosexual couples now. Can this be true even?

According to telly, the majority of people have hormone problems. If that is truly so, then why?
THAT is what needs to be studied IMO.

Then there is the push for same sex dancers on Strictly, and more and more same sex 'celeb' tv presenters, as well as continuing stories in newsapers about sportsmen/referees etc.
And that is before this drama even. And no doubt there will be more.

Maybe the drama will be very good, who knows, but I do feel it is being pushed too hard of late, and as with any other topic, if it is over publicised we get fed up with hearing it. Brexit is a good example!

(Or aren't I allowed to say that either)?
Hi

Telly is telly Mups, they dramatise anything and everything.

The majority of children born do not have problems with their sex chromosomes.

The number who do have problems is however increasing.

There are two factors in this increase.

One is that more older women are having children and the risk of chromosome defects increases with age, the same as the risk of Down's Syndrome and other birth defects increases.

The other thing, which is being researched but is not yet proven, is environmental factors.

We know Oestrogen is increasing in water supplies, we know it affects fish, yet to be proven it affects humans.

Hope this explains things a little.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-10-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

One is that more older women are having children and the risk of chromosome defects increases with age, the same as the risk of Down's Syndrome and other birth defects increases.

The other thing, which is being researched but is not yet proven, is environmental factors.

We know Oestrogen is increasing in water supplies, we know it affects fish, yet to be proven it affects humans.

Yes, I read about the fish quite a while ago, Swim.

This is where more research is needed and as I said, documentaries rather than drama's and 'soaps' would be a better way forward IMO, as I suspect there is a whole lot more to learn yet.

One day, if this escalates over the coming years, maybe the human race would die out, because males mating with males, and females with females would prevent future generations being born.

Maybe one day in ther future, heterosexuals like myself will be considered an endangered species.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 05:13 PM

Well said swims.
The other thing worth mentioning is that when you take away the stigma previously attached to these people, then society is far more likely to open up and discuss the subject without embarrassment or shame.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I don't suppose that explains females who want to be identified as male though

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top