Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 05:22 AM

Israel is running scared and is using political terrorism?

A young student from USA was granted a student visa from the Israeli Consulate in Miami to study in a masters program at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. It is alleged that she supports a boycott of the Jewish state?? She is being held at the airport whilst fighting in court to be let into Israel, and is supported by the Hebrew University.

e PA Foreign Ministry said in a statement that Alqasem’s detention was “a punishment for her ideas” and “the ugliest form of political terrorism.”

The Population Immigration and Border Authority has said the decision to stop Alqasem at the airport was due to her “boycott activity,” while Strategic Affairs Ministry officials noted that she was a member of Students for Justice in Palestine, a campus group that calls for boycotting Israel over its policies toward the Palestinians. [well what's wrong with that surely this can be encouraged in a democracy - or is Israel NOT really a democracy?]

although Lara is an American citizen, America has remained silent [I do wonder why?]

So the bottom line is that Israel is shLLt scared of a little female student from USA wishing to study - democracy my arse!!

Israel running scared
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:32 AM

Re: Israel is running scared and is using political terrorism?

Israel never has been a true democracy, - they have tortured, imprisoned, killed and terrorised the Palestinians within what is now known as Israel right from the outset. Israel was born out of murder and terrorism.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 07:35 AM

hello uncle Joe
Boring day down in Brighton ?

How you have the nerve to critise Israel when your namesake

Joseph Stalin murdered MILLIONS under his Marxist regime .

As indeed have all Marxist regimes throughout history

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exce..._Joseph_Stalin

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass...munist_regimes
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 10:09 AM

Whilst I'd say any country has a right to keep anyone they fear out it does seem a bit cowardly she's just a student. If they are so sure they are right they should be able to argue their case and let her say what she wants.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 12:26 PM

The real question is if she thinks so badly of Israel why does she want to study there ?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Whilst I'd say any country has a right to keep anyone they fear out it does seem a bit cowardly she's just a student. If they are so sure they are right they should be able to argue their case and let her say what she wants.
Hi welcome back Julie - you have been sorely missed with your inquiring mind - let's hope you can keep all the radicals at bay?? including me of course! - hope the family is OK?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2018, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think that Israel fears this student but why should they accept someone who is an activist for BDS ?

So tough She can stay in Florida and study .

It's no big deal , Israel is not hurting her she can leave anytime she likes .

We should do the Same refuse anyone who slags off our country and chuck out those 'activists ' who are doing the same thing that are already here .

I'm all for it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

12-10-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't think that Israel fears this student but why should they accept someone who is an activist for BDS ?

We should do the Same refuse anyone who slags off our country and chuck out those 'activists ' who are doing the same thing that are already here .

I'm all for it.
very subjective view - consider re-posting!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2018, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

I'm all for it.

Apart from criticising certain Israeli Government policies, which she is, under the freedom of expression perfectly entitled to do, what has she done wrong that entitles the Israeli Government to arrest and detain her??? If she's wise, I can foresee a multi Million dollar lawsuit for wrongful arrest and false imprisonment.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

12-10-2018, 01:11 PM

No she won't get a dime because it is the law in Israel that anyone who has connections to the BDS movement will be denied entry to Israel .
So she has at some point advocated boycotting Israel and now she wants to study there
On your bike woman !

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top