Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:03 AM

Re: What makes a Lady ?

Originally Posted by Indigo ->
I agree with the statement that a lady can be a down and out. You don't have to be dressed in designer fashions and use etiquette. Someone who has integrity and kindness in her actions and speech.
That's it - spot on
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:15 AM

A Lady?...Hmm..Someone who says bottom ..not arse!...Well I guess that lets Me out,lol.
.I'm a Woman..Daughter/Sister/Wife/Mother/Aunt/Partner/Lover/Carer...Yip..I'm all Woman and that'll do for Me ;~)
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
To me a lady is someone of the female gender who knows how to respectably conduct herself in any circumstance.
Naa give me down and dirty any day, Moll Flanders was no lady but good enough for a King.

Our future Queen, anybody lived with her 24/7 or is this stuff all made up ?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:39 AM

A lady is a woman who doesn't smoke, doesn't drink and only swears when it slips out
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:43 AM

A lady is the opposite to Bet Lynch
Like Audrey Hepburn
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
A lady is a woman who doesn't smoke, doesn't drink and only swears when it slips out
Yeaahh!...well if THATs' all it takes then I'm def' a Laideee...woohoo..must do a lap of Honour around the coffee table ;~)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 10:48 AM

'A lady' for me is someone who aims to put those she meets at easy and the needs of others before herself .

I have met a few but they are quite rare...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Opinions please.

I just KNEW one of the men would start this one after the 'gentleman' thread.

I think I'm quite a good example of a lady Nom - kind and sensitive, well mannered and considerate of others, good at judging situations and dealing sensibly with them without offence - oh yes, and my very modest demeanour of course.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
A lady is the opposite to Bet Lynch
Like Audrey Hepburn
Audrey Hepburn was a husband chasing nymphomaniac and far removed from decency. People perceptions on forums make me laff
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2015, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
This reminded me of someone famous saying.....That's no lady, that's my wife!

To me, a lady, has nice manners, presents herself nicely., speaks nicely, no swearing!! Is etiquettely correct and usually looks very elegant.
This is probably an old fashioned view and that a modern 'lady' is much different.
Oh, and she doesn't drink beer out of a pint glass!!
and I'll add the word 'demure' to that.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top