Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 07:15 AM

Re: Who pays ?

I wouldnt begrudge him anything. The public who love to moan about the police might realise whats at stake for them in seeing this funeral.
As for no police on duty Im sure they were as the 2000 was made up of other forces and stand ins would have been arranged for his collegues.

When my brother died there was a guard of honour, even now the thought that moves me is remembering seeing all those big burly prison offices standing and saluting as the hearse went by the tears rolling down their cheeks and yet not one of them moved a muscle. For us as a family it was an indication of how much my brother was loved and respected.

I think the family of this policeman deserve that respect.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Police Federation is the Police Trade Union for officers up to the rank of Chief Inspector.

Every branch will have had one or more officers go, in their own time with travel expenses, if claimed, met out of Branch Funds.

Senior Police Officers, Superintendent and above have their own union, ACPO, Association of Chief Police Officers.

Same applies there, go in your own time, branch pays travel if claimed.
Thank you SF....I am now a wiser man.
Others may wish to note that my OP was in no way begrudging but was merely a question of 'who pays' and now thanks to SF we all know.
countrygirl
West Midlands
countrygirl is female  countrygirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Am I missing something or does this happen every time an officer is killed?
It was a show of pure anger, not just towards the murderer but also towards the Government for the proposed cuts.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top