Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:14 PM

Mens Wedding Rings.

Any of you men out there wear a wedding ring? and ladies does your fella wear a wedding ring? When I got married in 1965 men didn’t wear wedding rings, at least over here they didn’t, so I never bothered getting one, I have a nice signet ring and sometimes wear that on the wedding finger, but I really don’t like wearing rings at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:18 PM

Re: Mens Wedding Rings.

My husband does it's his second the first one had to be cut off when he got caught in a machine at work, the fireman who cut him out said the ring was only thing saved his finger! but it was unwearable after they chopped it off.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:19 PM

Years ago, when I used to go out with my sisters to a pub or a nightclub, I could spot the married ones straight away! When they talked to you, they always kept their hand in their left pocket to hide the wedding ring!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Years ago, when I used to go out with my sisters to a pub or a nightclub, I could spot the married ones straight away! When they talked to you, they always kept their hand in their left pocket to hide the wedding ring!!
Chancers, some of them would take it off but if they were married for a while you could spot the white line across the finger, I've seen it in the pubs.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:27 PM

I love wedding rings - just a plain band, we both have one
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I've always worn one, but I lost the original. I now wear a fairly plain stainless steel wedding ring that I bought in Germany.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

My husband never had one. We could only afford mine
My son wears one, it matches that of his wife and is engraved with the date and names.

I think husbands wearing rings is more of a recent thing now people are more affluent .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:28 PM

Never have, never would !...I hate to see men in jewellery of any sort !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-11-2015, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
My husband does it's his second the first one had to be cut off when he got caught in a machine at work, the fireman who cut him out said the ring was only thing saved his finger! but it was unwearable after they chopped it off.
They can be fixed easily enough Julie, no matter how badly damaged they were.
Back in the seventies I made my Dad a 14 carat white and yellow gold wedding ring, he was always a snappy dresser and he liked rings, I made it in the old buckle style and he loved it. Two years later he was involved in an accident at work and his left hand was in a very bad state, they managed to save his hand but he lost his left index finger as a result. In the hospital the ring was removed in preparation for the operation and despite many visits and questions later it was never seen again, I mean how low can you go?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 01:34 PM

My husband had a signet ring when we were married 42 years ago, we both preferred it to a plain wedding band. To my knowledge he has never removed it in all those years

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top