Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 08:09 AM

Re: Clocks

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I can usually guess the time and mostly l get it right or not far out. I am not sure how l can do this?
Mr P is like that and its the weirdest thing. He is accurate to the minute. I ask him how he does it, and he shrugs and says he just knows
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Do you think they are a sign of an organised household ?
I do ,I like to be on time for TBH.
Wait until after midday, then I'll "PM" you.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 09:11 AM

All the times I need to know are right on my phone and it is an alarm clock too.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_Phone.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	14736  
Petra
Essex
Petra is female  Petra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 10:39 AM

I have a very organised house, never ever late but the only clock I have is my wrist watch and the oven/microwave clocks.
I can't bear a ticking clock.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 11:11 AM

The only clock I have is a wall clock in the kitchen, which I glance at occasionally - no idea why because I always use Alexa for timing cooking, and my watch for anything else.

I hate being late for anything, so I always allow plenty of time. Unlike my husband, who leaves everything to the last minute and has an awful habit of leaving the house 5 minutes before he needs to be somewhere, regardless of whether it's down the road or a ten mile car journey, grrr.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 01:19 PM

I hate to be late, so usually turn up early and wait in the car for 5 minutes
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 01:44 PM

We've only got one clock, it's quite a plain carriage clock sitting on the mantelpiece in the living room but it's very accurate.

We both wear watches - elderly but good. Nothing like Rolex of course - but good enough.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 03:25 PM

Oh boy! I have three clocks in my kitchen, four in the livingroom, 2 in one bedroom and one in the other, about 10 watches, always wear a watch on my arm. It is a comfort to know the time, how much leisure time I have left, and lets me know I better get cracking on the chores to get it all done. That being said, I am not a stickler for being on the dot to an appointment, 10 minutes early is good.
The bad part of all of this is keeping the same time set on most of the clocks, and changing hours for Daylight Savings Time. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 05:01 PM

We have 2 battery-operated radio-controlled wall clocks that are only ever wrong when their batteries die The only reason we have 2 is because it was a BOGOF offer by a well-known physical & on-line shop.

We also have 3 alarm clocks (1 used for holidays only), 1 mantle clock, about 6 wristwatches (inc. 2 solid gold wind ups) + DVD/HD recorder + telephones + mobile phone clocks + computer clocks + 2 clocks in car (why 2 I've no idea ) + microwave and oven clocks.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2021, 05:52 PM

Don't talk to me about clocks, im surrounded by the constant reminder of passing of time as my husband is obsessed with them. I think last time I counted we have 17 in the house!

March forward and I'm telling ya, it won't be me putting them forward lol

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top