Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 11:33 AM

Re: Perry Como

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Oh yes! There was a time ...... Brian Hyland, Neil Sedaka, Gene Pitney, Bobby Vee, Bobby Darin, Paul Anka, Johhny Tillotson, Cliff Richard, Sam Cooke, Bobby Vinton, Pat Boone, Ricky Nelson, Everly Brothers ... caused a young lad like me to become exceedingly romantic. I was very popular with the girls back then!

It was a great time to be young and so much was happening at that time especially on the music and dress scene. As the beehive girls were pretty ruthless in those days, if you were popular with the ladies, you must have been a good dancer/a good dresser or a good looker .

Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
It was a great time to be young and so much was happening at that time especially on the music and dress scene. As the beehive girls were pretty ruthless in those days, if you were popular with the ladies, you must have been a good dancer/a good dresser or a good looker .

I promise you ... I was all three. I'm not boasting, really I was.

Did you know that The Byrds and the Beatles were in close communication and that they borrowed ideas from one another? I didn't know that until I saw an Anthology film on the Beatles.

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 06:11 PM

I liked The Byrds as well.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 06:16 PM

The Byrds were good Tiff and as AO says they were close to the Beatles. It was a time with so many new groups coming up that they all pinched a bit off each other to get the upper hand.

If you listen to the Searchers music you will hear just how much influence they had on the Beatles musical style

GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 06:21 PM

AO you big smoothy !!! Chattin' up all the girls as usual !

My favourites from around that time were, of course anything by the Beatles particularly Here Comes the Sun King, My Guitar Gently Weeps, Lady Madonna, Help.........
I loved Procol Harum, and this video is in 2006 live in Denmark and is brilliant !!! (You know Gary Brooker looks remarkably like AO, don't you think ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6jyEFe5WM

Then there's Steve Winwood, a real foot tapper this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWspdrkrk8I

Also Spencer Davis Group .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamXvqoL_JA
solo
UK

08-03-2016, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
AO you big smoothy !!! Chattin' up all the girls as usual !

My favourites from around that time were, of course anything by the Beatles particularly Here Comes the Sun King, My Guitar Gently Weeps, Lady Madonna, Help.........
I loved Procol Harum, and this video is in 2006 live in Denmark and is brilliant !!! (You know Gary Brooker looks remarkably like AO, don't you think ?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St6jyEFe5WM

Then there's Steve Winwood, a real foot tapper this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWspdrkrk8I

Also Spencer Davis Group .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kamXvqoL_JA
Some great music there especially Spencer Davis Group Gilly and thanks. You have really busted AO's cover but I am sure he will come right back at you .
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
The Byrds were good Tiff and as AO says they were close to the Beatles. It was a time with so many new groups coming up that they all pinched a bit off each other to get the upper hand.

If you listen to the Searchers music you will hear just how much influence they had on the Beatles musical style

Tiffany is much too young to understand any of that, Solo.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-03-2016, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
..... I loved Procol Harum, and .... You know Gary Brooker looks remarkably like AO, don't you think ?
He was trying awfully hard, wasn't he! He even got the squint down just right - must have seen my performance for the Queen the year previously.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

08-03-2016, 06:52 PM

Quite the moving performance in Denmark, by the way, Gilly!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Tiffany is much too young to understand any of that, Solo.
Why, thank you so very much Advantage Out, such gallantry.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top