Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:16 PM

Re: What exciting things are you doing in between posts?

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Why....?
The price has been increasing big time and is being driven by demand and very limited supply. It's standing at around $24,000 / oz, some markets are just hovering around $25,000 / oz. Thing is with Rh it's in very very short supply, it's widely used in very small amounts usually alloyed with other metals such as platinum for industrial purposes. Looks a "good punt" to me at this time but don't take my word for it.

It's also very toxic so my bit is stored in Switzerland along with a whole lot more. I can't physically get my hands on it but I can get its value at any time. That's how some markets work.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The price has been increasing big time and is being driven by demand and very limited supply. It's standing at around $24,000 / oz, some markets are just hovering around $25,000 / oz. Thing is with Rh it's in very very short supply, it's widely used in very small amounts usually alloyed with other metals such as platinum for industrial purposes. Looks a "good punt" to me at this time but don't take my word for it.

It's also very toxic so my bit is stored in Switzerland along with a whole lot more. I can't physically get my hands on it but I can get its value at any time. That's how some markets work.
Yes, I did read a little bit about it, and its uses after you posted, and its fascinating. However, I would have gone for BitCoin,...I'm annoyed at myself for not joining that party early on!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:26 PM

Yes, I did read a little bit about it, and its uses after you posted, and its fascinating. However, I would have gone for BitCoin,...I'm annoyed at myself for not joining that party early on!
I did right at the start in order to buy something from a slightly dubious source. Had a bunch left over that I forgot until I saw how much they Han increased in value at which I flogged them for silly money. No regrets though, just too dodgy for me, still is.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:28 PM

Went to start the car but it wouldn't. Gave the battery a charge for a couple of hours and it started. Took Mrs mart for a blood test.

Then lunch, followed by a doze in the sunshine out in the garden (it was warm enough). A telephone conversation with my bother, another with my sister.

Some step exercises. Now getting the dinner ready.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I flogged them for silly money. No regrets though, just too dodgy for me, still is.
BitCoin? Really? Hmmm, interesting. I've been looking at some lesser known ones (cheaper, ha!), but like you say, I feel they are a bit more likely to fall. At least BC has been somewhat endorsed by "people in the know"
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:31 PM

And I painted the garden shed. Boat house blue.
It was pink when the new owner painted it..............
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 06:45 PM

making personalized poetry gifts for my Etsy shop and I've branched out in cards now so I'm really keeping busy.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 07:30 PM

Could you use a paper clip? I'm trying to imagine how you are trying to hang it, and thinking the loop of the curtain bit, goes over the hook. So a paper clip might give you that extra couple of cm's.....(I haven't tried it myself, but in my head it totally works! )
The hooks on the stretchy thing which is inside the plastic dowel thing, hook onto, each side of the window frame, Pixie, into two other hooks screwed into the window frame, but the stretchy thing is not easy to stretch, it hooks on one side but comes off again when you try to stretch it to the other hook. I need someone strong to stretch it over the other hook while I hold the first hook in place & there isn't a lot of room as the loo is in the way. Son is tall , over 6 feet but even he will have a problem I think. I wish I'd never bothered.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 08:47 PM

.... dreamt about an escalator running corner to corner in a square frame. Thought it would make a striking image. But the don't do they?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
The hooks on the stretchy thing which is inside the plastic dowel thing, hook onto, each side of the window frame, Pixie, into two other hooks screwed into the window frame, but the stretchy thing is not easy to stretch, it hooks on one side but comes off again when you try to stretch it to the other hook. I need someone strong to stretch it over the other hook while I hold the first hook in place & there isn't a lot of room as the loo is in the way. Son is tall , over 6 feet but even he will have a problem I think. I wish I'd never bothered.
Tried to do it myself & have hurt my back, so the net & the dowel with the hooky thing are flung into a corner by the loo & everything is back on the window sill & the window will stay net less, I have pulled the curtains though.

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top