Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:57 PM

Re: Prince Philip Has Died

May he Rest In Peace. My heart goes out to his wife, children and extended family such a loss is deeply felt regardless of age.

In one way the pandemic gave the Queen and Prince Phillip a chance to be together as they may not of otherwise of had so a silver lining.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:02 PM

I don’t think it’s sad except of the family .
He lived a grand life to an old age , doing exactly as he wanted .
I think he should of gone years ago ..but with the best nursing care and medication money could buy it enabled his life to be extended probably to long if photos of him leaving hospital were anything to go by !
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I don’t think it’s sad except of the family .
He lived a grand life to an old age , doing exactly as he wanted .
I think he should of gone years ago ..but with the best nursing care and medication money could buy it enabled his life to be extended probably to long if photos of him leaving hospital were anything to go by !
He probably had to do a lot of things he didn't want to as well.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by RJG ->
When I think of Prince Philip I think of the time he was visiting my home island when I was 10. My sisters and I were sitting in the car at the harbour with our mother when my sister said she needed the potty, which was carried in the back of the car. Whilst Mum was assisting her a head looked through the window, it was the Prince who had gone walkabout when he got off the boat having been visiting the other islands. I thought it was very funny, Mum nearly died of embarrassment.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I have been quite tearful since hearing this news. Expected, yet, with his recent health problems but still so sad. The Queen has lost her rock.

Yes, because he has been a constant all our lives we will feel his loss profoundly.
Me too jazzi its affected me more than I expected. I cant stop thinking about how sad and how her heart will be hurting today.

Although she will be surrounded by her family I imagine her feeling very alone right now.

Grief, no pain like it,
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Me too jazzi its affected me more than I expected. I cant stop thinking about how sad and her heart hurting the queen must be feeling today.

Although she will be surrounded by her family I imagine her feeling very alone right now.

Grief, no pain like it,
I’ve been getting upset each time I read an announcement, ie FB and Twitter. When I spoke to older sis on hearing the news she mentioned how alone the Queen looked in recent months. I was pleased, though, to see her smiling when beside Charles the other day.

I hope Harry does the right thing and gets on the first plane over.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I hope Harry does the right thing and gets on the first plane over.
Somehow, I don't think that would be too popular a move.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
No, but I suggest it necessary otherwise he'll be facing yet another shedload of criticism.

RIP Philip. You did a grand job of supporting Her Majesty and did wonders for Great Britain. I especially loved your gaffes and sense of humour, Sir. May you rest in peace.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:46 PM

My thoughts are with the family and most especially the Queen whose loss must be profound. By all accounts, Phillip’s life was well-spent in finding a balance between service and maintaining a long and seemingly successful marriage and private life. Well done, Phillip. May the Queen and family find comfort and peace in the coming days.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Maybe if she stayed behind. But Harry must come home and support his family.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top