Join for free
Page 19 of 45 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:14 AM

Re: The Vindictive Nastiness if the EU

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You have to hand it to the germans, they always chose quality. Why would they accept british junk vaccines when russian quality is available? AZ vaccine is good enough for you, but on the continent we profit from the british haste to get a vaccine, anything at all. Now we can use the bad experiences with AZ and choose a good vaccine to protect us, even against a british variant you sent across the channel.
You are not very good at this are you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Your “excellent advice” unsurprisingly turns out to be delusional twaddle attempting to distort facts to suit your own agenda

So, going back to my original point that the U.K. has the highest my coronavirus death toll in Europe at £126,000 and the highest
Death toll per capita in the World at 290 deaths per 100k of population, the UK government has woefully failed its citizens compared to the EU. This like the purchasing of vaccines had nothing to do with Brexit only the actions of governments and. Bodies making key decisions in the pandemic. To claim vaccines as a Brexit success when the UK could have taken the same path as a member of the EU looks like an act of desperation in the midst of an unfolding Brexit disaster.

Just so you can check
The figures I’ve quoted are the governments ONS figures from 7 April provided by John’s Hopkins University and available on the Gov.uk Dashboard
I'm not sure why you think Brexit had nothing to do with vaccine supplies.

As an EU member, we would not be able to sign a contract with a drug manufacturer for the supply of a drug product that is not approved by the health authority (in the case of the EU, the EMA). These are the EU rules we have had to follow in the past.

As the UK had left the EU, we were able to secure our supply through our health authority, the MHRA for the AZ vaccine (and others) through our own pandemic program, which allows us to secure vaccines that are not yet approved. Using this method and de-regulating form the EMA method of analysing trial data (they do the analysis at the end of the trials, so at the end of Phase II most likely in this case) as opposed to how we did it, which was analysing the data in parallel as soon as it became available - meaning we were super quick to get to regulatory approval, unlike the EMA who continued to wait until the end and then had an overwhelming amount of data to crunch, taking even more time.

Anyhow, on top of that, outside the EU we were able to sign our own contracts with the vendors because we were outside the EU Vaccine Procurement Program, meaning we could satisfy the needs of the UK only rather than squabble with 27 other countries. Our contracts were based on guaranteed supply and delivery, where the EU's are based on guaranteed priced and "best effort" delivery - so again, if we were under the EU scheme we would have lost out big time as we would be procuring and distributing vaccines under their program and contract obligations (another treaty). As an EU member we would not have been allowed an "opt-out" even though we declined an "opt-in" as we had left the EU at that time.

So there you are

As for death tolls due to COVID you will find most countries reported differently and (surprise surprise) there is no single figure of COVID deaths from the EU. No common working together, reporting together when it comes to bad news, each country has to publish its own figures if you hadn't noticed.

The UK is reporting deaths "with COVID" which may not (in a huge amount of cases) that the person died after revovering from covid and still had anitbodies, was terminally ill and just happened to have COVID although it wasn't the cause of death, died tragically due to a car accident and just happened to have COVID etc so expect the numbers to come down in the UK instead of go up like in other countries who are not reporting in the same way we are. For example, look at NYC where Cuomo deliberately withheld covid fatalities from care homes etc etc. And finally, remind yourself that EU accounting can never be trusted anyway.

Do you think the EU would share vaccines fairly with the UK ?

No country did well with the Pandemic - not one, but rest assured that the UK reporting method is one of the most transparent in the world. Brussels on the other hand did statistically worse than us. The EU, don't forget refused to allow the closing of borders because of its "open borders" policy, causing the virus to spread like wildfire through the 27.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->

As an EU member, we would not be able to sign a contract with a drug manufacturer for the supply of a drug product that is not approved by the health authority (in the case of the EU, the EMA). These are the EU rules we have had to follow in the past.

Etc.
Well said.

Yes, we have our problems, but I am so grateful that we are out of the EU (at least in part!).

Everything I read points to the EU being outrageously inefficient and poorly organised which, I suppose, one would expect from a loose connection of 27 countries, each with their own wants and needs. And even then, they all have to pay the bureaucrats in Brussels to tell them what to do!

It can't last.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well said.

Yes, we have our problems, but I am so grateful that we are out of the EU (at least in part!).

Everything I read points to the EU being outrageously inefficient and poorly organised which, I suppose, one would expect from a loose connection of 27 countries, each with their own wants and needs. And even then, they all have to pay the bureaucrats in Brussels to tell them what to do!

It can't last.

Well said
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:06 PM

You make it easy to take your argument down. You signed the contract before 31 december 2020. You do know the significance of that date?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well said.

It can't last.
And even such an outrageously ineffecient etc organisation was able to shackle the mighty UK and it took you 5 years to escape? Says something about the british, don't you think?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
You are not very good at this are you?
He isn't and never has been. If you look back at his last few posts, Solly's contradicted himself at least twice - first calling the AZ vaccine the Swedish vaccine and then calling the SAME stuff the British junk vaccine.

Solly knows (or should know) full well (and he's just stirring it as usual) that the AZ vaccine was developed by an off-shoot of Oxford University and given to AstraZenica (an ANGLO-SWEDISH company) to make, bottle and distribute on a not-for-profit basis.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-04-2021, 03:45 PM

You make it easy to take your argument down. You signed the contract before 31 december 2020. You do know the significance of that date?
We left the EU on the 31st January - on the 31st December we no longer in the EU. It was also mostly funded by the UK government / tax payer for sale as a non-profit vaccine. And it was signed back in August 2020 so stop making things up again.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-04-2021, 04:15 PM

We left the EU on the 31st January - on the 31st December we no longer in the EU. It was also mostly funded by the UK government / tax payer for sale as a non-profit vaccine. And it was signed back in August 2020 so stop making things up again.
Thank you for exhibiting your ignorance of what the transition period signified.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

09-04-2021, 04:17 PM

Thank you for exhibiting your ignorance of what the transition period signified.

What's your point ?

We weren't in the EU in the transition period. Didn't you know

Oh dear

Page 19 of 45 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top