Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2014, 10:56 PM

Insect bites

When I take Chloe for a late walk I often get bitten by insects. It is almost always in the same place on the right hand side of my nose why is this?

It isn't not as thought other parts of my body are not available for biting including the left side of my nose.

I now have a permanent itch on the side of my nose
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 05:40 AM

Re: Insect bites

In answer to your question Meg I haven't a clue, but it's a funny thing that when we walk through the woods Mrs. P. is often bitten to death by midges yet I don't have a one... weird isn't it?
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 06:35 AM

Argh. I hate insect bites. But insects love me. And I swell up like a balloon!
I don't know why they go after the one side of your nose though.
If they only went after one area of my body, I'd bandage it to keep them away!
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 07:32 AM

I too am plagued by anything that wants a cheap meal !

They left OH untouched though and I used to tell him that they don't go for rotten meat ...........

Gwyn
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 07:35 AM

I believe we all get bitten equally just some of us react to those bite, I know when we get home my husband has no reaction at all and it will be a couple of weeks before I get relief from the swelling and itch.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
When I take Chloe for a late walk I often get bitten by insects. It is almost always in the same place on the right hand side of my nose why is this?

It isn't not as thought other parts of my body are not available for biting including the left side of my nose.

Meg darlin' a lot of insects are attracted to your warm breath - they like carbon dioxide!!! - hence the bite on your nose, although why only one side is a mystery.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

If I were you I would do the walk in the opposite direction, to see if the left side took a hit, not sure what this would prove, but it would make a nice change, and confuse the critters.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 07:52 AM

I was stung by a Bee yesterday..got charged £10 for a jar of Honey.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 08:34 AM

I get bitten on my ankles and on both of them. I do wrap something around them but you look a bit silly with socks wrapped around your legs instead of wearing them
The reason they bite females is that a lot of insects set off their ability to mate and breed by females hormones in the blood. That's why the
men generally get away with it. Most biters are female insects. Especially cat and dog fleas.
I could just imagine your nose with some kind of runway on it luring them in for a bite. Made my day thinking of why. Sorry for the laughing.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 08:49 AM

I'm a prime target for all biting insects while my husband gets away scott-free. I was bitten on the nose while in Egypt one year, a nasty bite that swelled up and was red, I felt so embarrassed by it that I used to put toothpaste on it to tone it down when we went to dinner . By the way, a dab of toothpaste can give relief from the itchiness of an insect bite.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top