Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 08:59 AM

Re: Insect bites

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
If I were you I would do the walk in the opposite direction, to see if the left side took a hit, not sure what this would prove, but it would make a nice change, and confuse the critters.
I did that Paul and I guess 'the critter' followed me because the left side of my nose was bitten yet again

Think I will have to start wearing one of those plastic noses when I walk Chloe

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I did that Paul and I guess 'the critter' followed me because the left side of my nose was bitten yet again

Think I will have to start wearing one of those plastic noses when I walk Chloe

Meg, be careful they don't start nesting in those eyebrows!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Meg, be careful they don't start nesting in those eyebrows!
...oooooh that's a thought Mags birds too maybe ?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 10:35 AM

I too have always been a gourmet meal for mosquitoes, I swear they have mobile phones because no matter where in the world we“ve been they are waiting for me when I step off the plane. Even here I cover myself in repellent but they still manage to find the bits I missed. Mr Clumsy never reacts to bites but he got malaria 3 times when we lived in Kenya, a different strain each time. He couldn“t understand it because he said he never got bitten, obviously he did ! The doctors there used to give talks now and then about malaria prevention and evidently the bites around the ankles and feet are the worst. Right now I have just developed a nice itchy lump on my elbow...........I think everything that flies has teeth these days !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I was stung by a Bee yesterday..got charged £10 for a jar of Honey.
Yes, that nearly happened to hubby the other day but he managed to escape in time! May not be so lucky next time.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 09:28 AM

My present count is...5 on my left leg, 1 on the right, and 1 just going on left elbow. Problem is because it is so hot I am wearing shorts at the allotment and don't have any repellent at home. Spose I'd better buy some then.

Using a cheap bite and sting relief roll on, that sometimes helps.

Saw one chap down there yesterday and his legs are covered in huge bites!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 11:07 AM

I'm also very tasty and have tried all the usual preventatives (including eating lots of garlic and vit B capsules) without success

I'm currently using Eurax on my bites
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 08:04 PM

Avon "skin so soft" is well known as an insect repellent. You can buy it online if you don't know a agent.
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 08:28 PM

My son doesn't usually get bitten(by insects!)but whilst out on a run the other evening they really had a go at him.The bites came up with a raised ring around the puncture hole.They were really painful,the GP said he had bitten by Blandford flies.Never heard of the blighters before.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Avon "skin so soft" is well known as an insect repellent. You can buy it online if you don't know a agent.
it works a treat keeping mosquitoes at bay

I've got two small bites on my forehead, not sure if they're flea bites as they're itching

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top