Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 04:04 PM

Re: Horrible day

Originally Posted by Jem ->
God rest their souls. Seems you're not safe anymore wherever you are, a terrible state of affairs.
That is the frightening thing Jem. Seems nowhere is safe these days. It's very frightening.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
To be fair to Islam, IS has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with politics and fanaticism.
Very true and if we feel unsafe as some are saying they have won that is exactly what terrorists want. Best we can do is carry on and not allow it to change us.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 06:05 PM

A colleague at work has her mum and sister there and is still awaiting news. How sad for them. Can't imagine how that would feel. She's promised to keep us posted. God love them all.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
A colleague at work has her mum and sister there and is still awaiting news. How sad for them. Can't imagine how that would feel. She's promised to keep us posted. God love them all.

Its awful Myra, so sorry for everyone involved all those poor people waiting and hoping for news.
A work colleague of my daughters is/was there too, but she is ok thank goodness, she has been in touch.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
An awful situation to be in. But I'm surprised, to be honest, that the FO hasn't already got the details of those thought to be injured or killed. Why does it take so long?? Or is it just extreme caution if the bodies have not been formally identified?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2015, 09:56 PM

Apparently some people were taken to hospitals without their bags, wallets, passports etc. so until they can see who didn't return to their rooms they won't be able to match them up with their ID unless they can say who they are or are with relatives. It's very sad and shocking. I hope you have good news Myra x
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
You know what? I'm getting a bit tired of people saying 'Islam is a religion of peace' after these sorts of incidents.
Clearly, it isn't
unfortunately all religions have extreme forms and fanatics - buddhist monks have been murdering people in Myanmar recently; Hindus and Muslims murder each other in India; the roman catholic church has had its murderous history. Islam has its own history with sunnis and shiites now murdering each other when once they lived in peace. It seems that religion can bring out the worst in some people!
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 04:16 AM

Think this topic is in the wrong section.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 11:24 PM

I wasn't sure which section to put it in as I didn't really think it warranted any other response other than to mourn the loss of lives, other threads have covered our thoughts on the ideology that has brought about this dreadful deed. I just wanted to express shock and sadness.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 07:12 PM

Breaking news from the BBC.
The Foreign Office has advised all British Nationals to leave Tunisia asap there is fear of more attacks. Can"t send a linkl as my laptop doesn't allow.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top