Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 11:11 PM

What 5 famous people would you refuse at your party

Name five famous people that you wouldn't send out invites to and explain why if you had a party.

1 Jeremy Kyle. ...Because he is so arrogant

2 Katie Hopkins....I would be nervous that she may run me down to the press afterwards. Ha Ha.

3..John McCririk.... Put me off my food if he started picking his nose.

4..Bruce Forsyth..His jokes leave me cringing.

5..Anne Robinson.. Such a smug woman.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 11:56 PM

Re: What 5 famous people would you refuse at your party

Do they have to be alive?
Norman Mailer-Probably a very intelligent yet intense man who would certainly start a fist fight with someone.

Ernest Hemingway-Would probably say something sexist and offensive after several drinks.

Oscar Wilde-Witty and wonderful but passive aggressive when into his cups.

Marilyn Monroe-Social butterfly and I would have liked to have met her. She did have depression issues sometimes, you'd have to catch her on a good night.

Clark Gable-If he could bring Carol Lombard he would have been happy and gotten along with everyone. Except Carol would have iced Marilyn perhaps and that would be an awful lot of Alpha males for one party.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 12:03 AM

I totally agree with most of your choices Maursey, especially Jeremy Kyle, John McCrik and Katie Hopkins.

I might allow Ann Robinson in if she promised to behave, but I would also refuse:

4. Jeremy Clarkson

5. That twit who does 8 out of 10 cats. Can't stand his stupid fake laugh.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Do they have to be alive?
Norman Mailer-Probably a very intelligent yet intense man who would certainly start a fist fight with someone.

Ernest Hemingway-Would probably say something sexist and offensive after several drinks.

Oscar Wilde-Witty and wonderful but passive aggressive when into his cups.

Marilyn Monroe-Social butterfly and I would have liked to have met her. She did have depression issues sometimes, you'd have to catch her on a good night.

Clark Gable-If he could bring Carol Lombard he would have been happy and gotten along with everyone. Except Carol would have iced Marilyn perhaps and that would be an awful lot of Alpha males for one party.
They can all come to my dinner party instead - what a great night that would be.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 12:37 AM

I would NOt invite the following FAMOUS 5

Cleo Lane,wife of Johnny Dankworth
her SCATTING is in the same league as someone scraping their nails down a school blackboard.

Nicholas Witchell, confirmed misery astonishingly still the BBC royal correspondent. Prince Charles hates him.

Bill Oddie, aptly named lowlife. A creepy type of whom nothing unsavoury would surprise me.

Keith Lemon, clever , but generally disgusting antics on tv.
Observes no parameters on his lewd and distasteful wheezes. Suspected misogynist

George Galloway, he is scary, out of the box, off of the wall, dangerous & deluded
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 12:58 AM

Authors I would not invite

Phillip Roth
Truman Capote
ERica Jung
Hubert Selby Jr.
Jean Genet
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 03:59 AM

Great postings. Anyone got any more?
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 04:09 AM

Oh I think Truman Capote could be fun, especially if you had Andy Warhol too...oooh Mary, the gossip...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 06:33 AM

Agree totally with the first list and I'll add Robert Preston - the guy on the news YUK !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 06:55 AM

I would not invite:-

Either of the Beckham's - he is an inarticulate twit, she daren't smile in case she cracks her face.

Berwick Kaler - brilliant pantomime dame - but nasty person.

Any sports people - with no conversation other than sport - boring.

Jeremy Clarkson - No manners and ego exceeds intelligence.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top