Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 07:27 PM

Re: Sweets

Suzuki sue, I remember all of those sweets
Does anyone remember treats? I think you could get toffee treats in a blue bag, peanut treats in a yellow bag and I think there was a chocolate one but can't remember if that came in a red bag?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Suzuki sue, I remember all of those sweets
Does anyone remember treats? I think you could get toffee treats in a blue bag, peanut treats in a yellow bag and I think there was a chocolate one but can't remember if that came in a red bag?
Yep it's because were yorkshire folk, the penny tray were alway's full of this and that. I remember Treats and Riley's chocolate toffee rolls and chocolate chewing nuts... Yummy!
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 07:56 PM

Sweets were on ration when I was a child, so not many around. Sherbert dips, Liquorice Straws,Parma Violets, to name some. Iwas forbidden to chew chewing gum because my parents feared I would swallow it and it would wind its way around my vital organs
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 08:05 PM

I remember Toffoluxe later became Toffo and weren't the same, also Dainty's Butter mints and loved the Cadbury's Milk Tray on a bar, mmm..
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 09:40 PM

I remember two shops as a child where they actually had penny candy. The selection was staggering. Always liked my licorice and caramels. One treat I craved were Pixie Sticks. They were paper straws filled with fruit flavored sugar. My teeth weren't the best even then so the only time I got them was Halloween. I could make one little straw last for a week or two.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I remember Toffoluxe later became Toffo and weren't the same, also Dainty's Butter mints and loved the Cadbury's Milk Tray on a bar, mmm..
I loved Milk Tray on a bar, i was only talking to my hubby about it the other day, and he said he couldn't remember it?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2015, 10:09 PM

Squirrel dolly mixtures, I loved them, they donīt make them any more and the ones you get now I donīt like.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 07:06 AM

I have a very sweet tooth and will enjoy anything apart from chewing gum, which I loathe. I'd ban it if I had my way.

Bought some Edinburgh rock yesterday: it's lovely.

Enjoyed toffos, especially the mint or assorted flavours. Five bogs, Ovaltine bar, milk tray bar, different creams in a bar, chocolate cups, all the bon bons. There's a sweet stall at Liverpool Street station that has fresh sweets and I often swerved by it to spend Ģ3-4. Their bon bons were gorgeous but lately they've swapped to an inferior version that no longer has the sugary coating to suck.

Canterbury also has a wonderful shop that is pick n mix, including different fudges. Out of this world.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
I remember two shops as a child where they actually had penny candy. The selection was staggering. Always liked my licorice and caramels. One treat I craved were Pixie Sticks. They were paper straws filled with fruit flavored sugar. My teeth weren't the best even then so the only time I got them was Halloween. I could make one little straw last for a week or two.
We had a sweet shop on the way to infants and junior schools, similar things..
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 07:26 AM

Did you ever award yourself the CDM? This was an advertising campaign in the 1960's where you could award yourself a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk. I always preferred dark chocolate - especially 'Old Jamaica'.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top