Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 07:44 AM

Re: Sweets

I used to like things called 'Flat 20s' - it was a box with 20 tiny bars of Cadbury's chocolate bars.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I loved Milk Tray on a bar, i was only talking to my hubby about it the other day, and he said he couldn't remember it?
Oooh, he missed out there then, I could eat one now..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 06:59 PM

Blackjacks and Fruit salads, frozen Jublies and Cremola Foam lemonade powder.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 07:17 PM

Caramel bulls eyes, spearmint leaves-if I taste one and close my eyes I can see my Mom, I remember marshmallow peanuts, my grandfather always had them...I miss Pay Day candy bars if you don't have a full set of choppers they're painful. Maybe I'll throw one in the food processor
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 08:42 PM

Old English Mints inividually wrapped my Auntie alway's had them. They were Lemon Bon Bons, Fruit Bon Bons and Everlasting Strip..
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 09:11 PM

I loved the penny toffee bars, they had some strange names over here for them when I was a nipper, “Sailors chew” it had tiny fragments of nuts in it, “Long Lads” about 8” of skinny toffee, “Cough no more” black toffee with menthol or some such stuff in it. “Peggy’s Leg” was another. Then any relations you had coming home from the UK always brought Spangles with them, a real treat for us.
We never could afford chocolate bars, I think chocolate may have actually come down in price when compared to wages then and now, fizzy drinks certainly have. Cadbury’s had the cheapest bar of chocolate at 3 pence, then 6 pence and the big one at a shilling, they stayed the same price for years then, even had the price printed on the wrapper.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 03:33 PM

I recall when we went to Dublin Jem - how expensive the chocolate was - what a shame, if I'd known I'd have bought plenty with me ....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top