Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 01:49 PM

Re: BBC text speak

I'm surprised at the BBC. Dumbing down to appeal to the masses? It's similar to the back of the bus that takes the children to school round here, it says Skool Bus. Wonder what the daft idea is behind that.

Another one is using u for you.

In 20 years time. . . the English language. . . won't be recognisable. . . and while I'm on my band wagon it drives me mad when I see a sentence constructed thus. . . it's sloppy. . . and makes the writer appear. . . as if they've bought a job lot of full stops and doesn't know what to do with them. One ellipse in a sentence is more than enough. Irritates me beyond measure.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 02:09 PM

Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 02:12 PM

. . .
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uff ->
I'm surprised at the BBC. Dumbing down to appeal to the masses? It's similar to the back of the bus that takes the children to school round here, it says Skool Bus. Wonder what the daft idea is behind that.

Another one is using u for you.

In 20 years time. . . the English language. . . won't be recognisable. . . and while I'm on my band wagon it drives me mad when I see a sentence constructed thus. . . it's sloppy. . . and makes the writer appear. . . as if they've bought a job lot of full stops and doesn't know what to do with them. One ellipse in a sentence is more than enough. Irritates me beyond measure.
…and three full stops is plenty.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 06:53 PM

Im guilty of this at times. I must remember to return this job lot of full stops as Ive no use for them now lol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top