Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 08:25 AM

M+S Clothing Sales Down

Reported after the AGM, clothing sales are down, although they seem to concentrate of women's' fashions. Last time I went into M+S with my dearest, I was unimpressed with the vista of drab and turgid colours for men's clothes.

No bright green or yellow chinos, No distinct shirts, and bland socks too. Dearest Imelda - she loves shoes - found the sandals frumpy and nighties ready for an old folks home. Nothing to stir the love life at all.

Years ago, I tried their business shirts and socks, and binned them after a short time, due to poor quality (after five washes) wear and design.

I watch a fair amount of European satellite TV, and notice men are much better turned out that the boring British. Anyway, live in hope.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 08:53 AM

Re: M+S Clothing Sales Down

The quality of M & S stuff has been going down - rapidly - over the last ten years. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 08:57 AM

I buy the odd thing from M & S but they lost their way in the clothing department years ago by trying to cater to a wide market and pleasing no one.

They tried to attract the younger market and failed miserably instead they should have concentrated on good quality/value goods for the middle age/older group and I told them so when they asked my opinion after I returned online purchase.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 09:49 AM

I stopped using M&S years ago they stocked a nice skirt and blouse in my size when I looked for a bra and knickers was told there was no call for those sizes - pointed out the skirt and knickers were that size and just got a shrug in return so decided they obviously had no idea about dressing a woman.

Far better stores out there who do understand women like underwear and outer wear.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 09:58 AM

I do still get my work trousers from marks as I like them and they have worked well for a number of years. I do feel that the quality of their clothes has gone down, even t shirts or polo shirts for hubby, there does not seem to be a lot on offer.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 09:59 AM

Ive never bought anything at M&S its never been my style or age group..

Even mum moans about them shes got a gift voucher but she says even their nightwear is awful..
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:36 AM

I must admit their nightwear is awful. A couple of years ago I went into hospital and my hubby went and bought me a couple of new nighties, when he brought them to me I was not very gracious as they where hideous. I asked him how old he thought I was.

They where winceyette with long sleeves, where long length which showed no skin at all, oh and they had frills on the neck and sleeves. uck.

I have never let him forget it. I realise I was ungrateful, bless him.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:43 AM

M&S used to sell classic, quality clothes but, now they just haven't got any sort of focus. I think M&Co are doing what M&S used to do. There's just too many different styles now and not particularly good quality. I remember when I was little and had an M& S jumper bought for me it got passed on several times and was still in good condition several years later. You could wear one of their dresses for years and it was still fashionable.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:46 AM

I think M&S have really lost the plot ...I never even bother looking in there now. I much prefer BHS or Next for clothes
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 10:56 AM

I have never bought my clothes at M&S, even when I was much younger I found their clothes very boring and very middle of the road. The only thing I liked about (still do) about M&S is the food department.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top