Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 01:43 PM

Re: M+S Clothing Sales Down

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Used to like M&S years ago but not keen now, their clothes are frumpy and how they love elasticated waists! Never would wear anything like that and in beige? give over...
I do like their cotton nighties, especially the white, strappy, full length ones and always buy bras and knickers from there but that's it.
The OH has a sweater he still wears, had it 24years and still in good nick - it was made in England though, does that happen now?
24 year ago - the quality was better than now ..........
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 02:06 PM

Made in England?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2015, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Made in England?
Yes - that too
ToffeeCup
Hertfordshire
ToffeeCup is female 

09-07-2015, 07:07 AM

I always like M&S jeans but lately they seem to have more skinny type and not straight or flares and when they do get the ones in I like they never have my size. I reckon lots of their trousers seem longer now including the jog type.
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 08:16 AM

My daughter always used to say I was a walking advert for M&S, all my clothes came from there. But not for quite a few years now.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote Dobra. "Last time I went into M+S with my dearest, I was unimpressed with the vista of drab and turgid colours for men's clothes"
I agree with you about the bad selection for men Dobra, not since we all went mad with ourselves in the 70’s with the loud Carnaby Street gear has there been any sort of colour in men’s clothes. It’s back to the usual black, grey, brown or navy blue for the men. I do like to wear something colourful in nice Summer weather, tee shirts mainly and light shades of trousers and jeans.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 12:49 PM

I think men's clothes selection of clothes is poor everywhere, that ad on TV for menswear can't remember the name it's supposed to be trendy but same old stuff. Let's see some nice waistcoats, frock coats, frills, smart hats, cravats, comfy jumpers in the shops! Something with a bit of character!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think men's clothes selection of clothes is poor everywhere, that ad on TV for menswear can't remember the name it's supposed to be trendy but same old stuff. Let's see some nice waistcoats, frock coats, frills, smart hats, cravats, comfy jumpers in the shops! Something with a bit of character!
Oh yes !! very nice - a Mr Darcey round every corner
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:42 PM

http://m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www....ct#plp_4-27278

I wouldn't call this lot drab, turgid, colourless...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 04:50 PM

Practically the same two shirts in different colours! No imagination! Their buyers must be very boring people! ��

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top