Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 12:48 PM

Re: a back handed treat !

I think You should be more discerning about Your so called Friends Susan and don't allow Them to treat You with such disrespect..ie..tell 'em to stick Their 'friendship' where the sun don't shine ;~)
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 01:58 PM

I think that is terrible Susan, are you sure she isn't a relative of our neighbours, the ones who invite you to dinner and then ask you to pay?
I also agree with Julie re the splitting the cost between the number of people eating, we got caught more than a few times with that in years past, but no more, we always ask for our bill separately. I'm not a big eater and I drink mostly only water in restaurants. It has nothing to do with being mean but I do object to being expected to pay for other people who have wine, brandies etc etc, so if we are out as a group we ask for our bill separately.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Susan.. God girl you've started something off on this subject!
I have a friend who's a little bit like that, she doesn't think sometimes that i can't alway's afford to pay for both meals or drinks when we go out.. And also it was her who invited me in the first place.. I's so bloody cheeky how dare they!!
It makes you feel shown up at the till when you know you can only afford your own...
It also happened to my husband years ago, as we have talked about this subject many times before.. When he used to go out with his friends, he was alway's more or less conned into getting another round in when the others didn't... I think people like that need telling off BIG TIME!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 02:56 PM

'Those who ask you out pays out' That's always been the rule, obviously she believes in the other rule "Have and you'll keep it'
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 05:12 PM

Make sandwiches eat them in the car park then go in and have a cup of tea and a bun .. sorted
The Yorkshire way
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 06:00 PM

This subject does get you thinking .....remembered being invited to a friends daughters birthday party . Arrived with another girl and we ordered a bottle of wine while we waited for the others. I was driving so had one small glass only. The room filled with 20 others . We ordered our food , and the booze and food started coming in abundance . At the end of the evening the woman who organised it worked out the bill and said £25 each. I had spent £ 15 at the most , and was embarrassed to speak up for myself , I put in £20 only . Those who had eaten and drunk to the full had a cheap night out. The woman had to make up the shortages in the bill , as others must have felt the same as me . Her fault , she should have asked each to pay what they each had eaten and drunk.

I never went again .
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Make sandwiches eat them in the car park then go in and have a cup of tea and a bun .. sorted
The Yorkshire way
I like your thinking Primus lol
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 03:37 PM

Susan M - thought of you today. Went to spend the morning at a friend's house. When it reached Midday she said we were going to lunch at a nearby garden centre - then her hubby said the magic words - he was treating us both !
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Susan M - thought of you today. Went to spend the morning at a friend's house. When it reached Midday she said we were going to lunch at a nearby garden centre - then her hubby said the magic words - he was treating us both !
Now THAT'S the kinda Friends I like ;~)
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
The Yorkshire way
Oi You, your making us Yorkshire Folk out to be mean and stingy!
Stop it....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top